584,833 active members*
5,450 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Looking for Citizen L20 or M32 post processors

Looking for Citizen L20 or M32 post processors

Anyone have a post processor for a Citizen L20-VII or M232 that they have configured and got to work that they would be willing to share?

I asked the same question of Partmaker when we first tried the software and of course they wouldn't admit that their post doesn't work. Even after figuring out I had to create tools and paths differently than taught in class in order to get the right sign for X,Y, etc, the posted program crashed. I even had them try to debug and those crashed. I more or less gave up on the software but I keep getting beat up for this so I need to make something work. Would really appreciate any help.

bump

Have you tried to edit your posts to your liking?
    That is the only way I've been able to get good code. I can't rely on the updated posts either, as normally some stuff gets fixed, but some gets broke that worked previously.

I made it clear to Brian at Partmaker that I wasn't a programmer so I needed a software that would work right out of the box. I can follow code but I'm not fluent enough to get all the wait codes, etc right. Our machinists do all the programming and I was looking for a way to make it easier for them to do prove outs. I was able to get it to work somewhat on the third program but the machinists weren't really on board so I gave it up. It wasn't a huge cost so it's hard to believe I still get beat up by upper management over it (3 yrs later). I'm guessing I'll have to do what you're suggesting and fix it myself. Our so-called service plan is over and I wouldn't even consider asking to renew that. Really regret now just trying to help.

I'm really suprised by what I hear. We tried our Tsugami 207 with Bill from the Partmaker team and the post works very well. We obviously had to have some changes done but after that everything works like a charm... Maybe you should just speak with the partmaker guys to sort out the details of your post...
    I know for a fact that a lot is dependant on the programmers choices so be careful while programming swiss lathes.
    Have a great day - Adam
    http://www.reliefs3d.com/

Yeah, I had them try to help on the first 3 programs and they crashed too. Like I mentioned before, I'm not a programmer and needed something that worked right out of the box. That's the way it was sold to me but it didn't work out that way.

Re: Looking for Citizen L20 or M32 post processors

I know this is many months after your post, are you and your company still working with PartMaker mfgeng? I have recently started using PartMaker, and new to Citizen machines, both of which I'm picking up after changing companies because this is what my new employer uses/has. I enjoy the software very much actually, I'm a Tornos / Gibbs guy previously but have always heard many good things about PartMaker (the applications engineer at Tornos US uses it for all his programming). Anyway, to the point, I do not have a working L20 post...yet. My shop has a type VII and type VIII. We also have two M20 type I's and I have been able to adjust the posts to generate good code right from PartMaker nearly every time. Haven't gotten into a lot of complex milling with polar and stuff yet so I'm sure it'll need some work, but I'll be getting down and dirty with the L20 posts within the next few weeks and if you'd like I'll keep you in mind when I have something decent posted out.

And FYI (I'm not a Citizen guy but...) even if you're using the generic post if your machine crashed it's because something was entered wrong in PartMaker, the tools were set incorrectly, or there was some other operator error.

OPERATOR ERROR. lol

I have a post for a L20E IX. It is pretty solid. Some things needed tweaking but good post. Most people I have encountered complaining about PM posts is because they don't want to take the time to tailor it to their own needs.
    CNC Swiss Programmmer
    Citizen Enthusiast

Hi,

I am looking for the PartMaker Post Processor for Citizen L20E with the correspondent archives for full simulation (.mch and .fms). Do you know where I can find it?

Thanks and regards

Quote Originally Posted by pyroshizzness View Post
    I have a post for a L20E IX. It is pretty solid. Some things needed tweaking but good post. Most people I have encountered complaining about PM posts is because they don't want to take the time to tailor it to their own needs.
    Hi...
    Can you share PM post for L20E thru mail ([email protected]), since I'm just switching over from Mastercam to PM, your share will be most useful for me to learn. I can share you Mastercam posts if you want.

Looking for a Citizen L32 post processor, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. [email protected]