585,996 active members*
4,005 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Selecting a SCR controller and motor to build a soccer ball launcher machine

Selecting a SCR controller and motor to build a soccer ball launcher machine

Hi there! I am a software engineer trying to build a remote controlled (using a mobile app) soccer ball launcher machine with a potentiometer to control the speed inspired in this one:

All my expertise is in building software so I need help in the electrical part. Phase 1 is to build the machine without software interface yet, without automatic ball loading logic (just as in the video).

Questions:
    1. Could you recommend me options of motors regarding HP, rpm and brand? (in my country we use 220AC)
    2. Could you recommend SCR controllers for this motor, regarding brand and model?

Thank you so much in advance!

You need to design the mechanism first. It is impossible to make electrical recommendations at this stage.

Re: Selecting a SCR controller and motor to build a soccer ball launcher machine

Quote Originally Posted by sapeish View Post
    Hi there! I am a software engineer trying to build a remote controlled (using a mobile app) soccer ball launcher machine with a potentiometer to control the speed inspired in this one:

All my expertise is in building software so I need help in the electrical part. Phase 1 is to build the machine without software interface yet, without automatic ball loading logic (just as in the video).

Questions:
    1. Could you recommend me options of motors regarding HP, rpm and brand? (in my country we use 220AC)
    2. Could you recommend SCR controllers for this motor, regarding brand and model?

Thank you so much in advance!
    Have you started on this project yet?

I am also a software engineer and I was looking to create something like this also.