585,687 active members*
4,471 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > FANUC 11M Amplifier bad, need help!

FANUC 11M Amplifier bad, need help!

Dear all!
    I have Andy machine with FANUC 11M control.
    When I power up the machine, Y axe gives an error:
    SV013 Y IMPROPER V_READY OFF

If I move Y amplifier to X axe, then X axe gives the same error, it seems that amplifier for Y is bad.
    Then I moved only PCB part to Y axe but X axe is still giving the same error.
    I have 3 amplifiers and any of the combination gives me the result that energetic part of the amplifier is bad.
    Here are the codes:
    Amplifier: A06B-6058-H005
    PCB part has a code: A20B-1003-0090/04A
    Energetic part has a code: A20B-1003-0081/01A

My question is: where can I find any instruction manual for FANUC 11M or this kind of amplifier (some maintenance manual)
    If this is not possible, I will try to fix the amplifier by replacing components on energetic part. Any hint what could be wrong? Capacitors? Machine is from 1988.
    Thank you in advance!

If there are cooling fans on amps, check to make sure fan is turning. If not, try
    turning it with small tool (power off) to break it loose. Then power back up.
    Sometimes just cycling power on and off will break them loose.

Good luck

Fanuc offers very little service info for there drives. If the alarm you get ocures at powerup the problem is probably in the rectification and chargeup circuit. if ocures when you try to move it, the problem is in the output inverter. remove the motor leads from the drive and check the resistance from each phase output to the + and - leads of the large electrolytic capacitor in the back. If you find one that differs greatly from the others. the power transistors for that phase are defective.

I have the A06B-6058-H004 in my 11M

I have a A06B-6058-H006 missing the top board. Wondered what the top board part number was. The bottom board was A20B-1003-0080/02A.

If anyone knows if the H006 works in the 11M too.. and what the top board part number I need is.

Greg