584,862 active members*
5,497 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

XHC wireless USB pendant calibration?

Hello all, I have recently purchased a XHC wireless pendant, expecting it to rock my world, however it failed to do that. my question is how do you calibrate these things? i have tried to go into the obvious areas of Mach3 to calibrate the MPG but however this gadget works, it seems to be in the background and not registering within the MPG calibration part of Mach3?? all i want is for 1 click of the MPG to equal 1mm of movement on my machine. at the moment it just moves some random increment. i purchased this with the hope of being able to accurately position my tool over the work-piece, ready to begin cutting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Am i missing something? I have asked the seller for support with no help offered.

thanks Tim
    Every day is a school day!!

Re: XHC wireless USB pendant calibration?

I got one a few weeks ago, but have not hooked it up yet. I did see something on a forum somewhere that the graduations on the dial were based on a number of steps so how much it moves depends on the steps per revolution and the revolutions per inch or mm your machine is set up for. You would kind of think that you could set it so that it would move the correct amount of steps per required unit though. I read some other posts that the motion is not smooth. Other than moving weird distances does yours have smooth motion?

There is no calibration. First, make sure the feed rate is set high enough (I usually set mine to 8000 mm/min) or it will move really slowly. For it to move 1 mm per increment you need to be in step mode. If I click the "STEP" button (bottom left button) until the display shows "1000", it moves 1 mm per increment, or as close to 1 mm as the stepper resolution allows. Pressing the "STEP" button until it shows "100" makes the machine move 0,1 mm per increment of the wheel. "10" moves the machine 0,01 mm per increment.

It's a wonderful pendant once you figure it out.

Kongsberg, do you work for Kongsberg? I am in the shipboard electronics business and we deal with Kongsberg DP systems and I have several friends that work for them.

G'day brian, my machine is, or should i say, used to be a Kongsberg. it was a display prototyping machine, designed to cut and score thin card. it was built in 1979 and $7000 later it is a really good 3 axis CNC flatbed router with 6" Z..... and yes, i could have just bought a new "ready to go machine" for those dollars. if anyone needs parts for an old Kongsberg, i have a box full.

Hello Norway!!!, the bare bones of my machine was originally made in Norway in 1979. Thanks for the info, it sort of makes sense, I have experienced the move really slowly thing. I will have another play with your tips in mind, and see how it goes.

you could download the xhc shutttlepro new driver :v3.5.9 at http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/downloads/view_119.html