585,759 active members*
3,956 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile good book or manual to make a controller

Is there any good book or manual that show the detail steps of how to put togather a controller using mach3
    campbell designs controller card for parallel port
    geckodrive
    power supply
    and step motors
    if there is any link will help.
    Thanks.

good book

I have a friend who is writing a CNC book. Says it will take someone who just fell off the truck, show 'em step by step how to do every single thing. I know I want the first copy.

Like this?

http://www.homecnc.info/servomotor.htm

Do a search on CNCZONE for "controler schematic" -
    "If you have great talents, industry will improve them; if you have but moderate abilities, industry will supply their deficiency." *Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723 - 1792)

Can you get more info about what content is on the book, I like something that has link what is good or tested and how to hook them up together?
    thanks.

this box look very good, I will check with them,
    on the other hand I am also working on a project to retrofit a old cnc router, it has the step motors, 4 in total.
    give me some suggestion why you choose servo motor for your application, I have this option too but the things I need to cut are small and they are step by step cutting, I need them cut good and reasonable fast. And I am thinking to use the gecko GRex 100 with 5 G202 to drive the step motor.
    Where do you buy the power supply?
    btw I cannot see your pdf in your link
    Thanks.

Home Shop Machinist magazine also ran a good series on this about 6 months ago. Cardinal Engineering was the author.

Karl