584,842 active members*
4,311 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Power Supply Replacement for RJ Controller

Power Supply Replacement for RJ Controller

Hi All,

I recently "inherited" an old Fanuc Arc Mate Sr. and RJ controller for my lab. It's been a useful tool and a lot of students have benefited from hands-on time with the machine. Unfortunately, the controller has stopped powering on. After pressing the "on" switch, everything powers on, fans come on, main relay engages; however the main relay then disengages and the controller powers off. All of this happens within about a second. I have run through Fanuc's diagnostic steps and concluded that there is a short somewhere on the PSU board. Sound reasonable? The PSU board looks to be in bad physical shape as well, lots of crud around the bases of several capacitors. If I scrape of some of the crud, fiddle around with the components, and reinsert the board into the backpane, the controller will usually power on and stay on for a few minutes to an hour. Does anyone have any other theories or insight into this behavior?

The PSU board is part #A16B-1212-0531/01A. I'm planning on replacing it with another board purchased from ebay, part #A16B-1212-0531/06B. My understanding is that the last three characters of the part # are the board revision, and that upgrading to a newer revision should be OK. Is this assumption correct?

Cheers, and thanks to everyone for your time and assistance!

i am not sure about it , but i know that some guy can help you out , you can search hilasercnc from google. there is videos and bloges to guide you, good luck