585,676 active members*
5,889 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc OM coolant function not working!

Fanuc OM coolant function not working!

Hello.

The other day, I started up the Komo VMC with Fanuc OM control and all the parameters were lost. Grrr! Make sure you check your batteries, lesson learned.

Anyway, I finally got all the parameters download back on to the machine and it seem to be function normally, except for two items....

1. The Output/Start button on Fanuc control panel dose not function anymore. Oh well, I can live with that.

2. Coolant function dose not function. This is a major problem. If I key in M08 into the MDI page and press cycle start, the M08 never disappears, probably because it was never been executed. On the control panel (standard Fanuc panel) they are three Coolant push buttons. Coolant On, Coolant off, Coolant Auto. The control will not let me select the Coolant Auto button, even in Auto mode. Even with the Coolant on button select, the M08 will not disappear from the MDI page and coolant pump never turns on.

Dose anyone know what I should look in next to trouble shoot this problem?

glovebox20

It would be very unusual for the M8 function to be a 9000 macro pgm that you may have lost.
    It is usually written into the ladder, do you have the 0 version that displays ladder?
    If you can identify the coil output (Yxxx.x) that is used to switch on the pump, you could view the string in the ladder to help identify the problem.
    M codes are passed over from the CNC to the PMC as F functions.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Did you also re-load the Diagnostics in the 300 area when you restored the parameters. This is the area where the timers, counters, and keep relays (software controlled latching relays) are stored on a Fanuc 0.

These would also appear as N10000 parameters on a previous backup. They would be in a separate file from the normal parameters.

Also, we find that people fail to back up the option parameters on Fanuc 0 controls because they don't hold down the EOB pushbutton when they save them. These should have data in them too. Look for the 900 parameters in the main list.

Without these, many other things might not work too.

Warren

Uptime Electronics, Inc.
    800-837-7073

Thanks for the quick help :rainfro:

I found the DNG parameter's and downloaded them and now the coolant function is working again.

The output/start button still dose not work, but I can live with that.