584,871 active members*
5,253 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati arrow 1250 loopback plug

Cincinnati arrow 1250 loopback plug

This is a cincinnati arrow 1250 with 4th axis 2100 control vickers drives.

Machine has been running ok until recently when trying to align axis y went opposite way than normal. I found my y tpa switch was what i thought was stuck. After removing covers to get to the wiring found the splice the tpa switched was replaced before was shorted and not the switch. I fixed wires on the tpa switch but as I was putting wires back into track machine alarmed out on the x axis drive as the little r on the led display. My limited info I have on this machine said bad resolver. As machine sits now most of the time when powering up drives it shuts down with the drive error however if I rotate the x axis ballscrew a few degrees it will power up and ask for aligning but as soon as you move x axis it will alarm again. My emediate thoughts was a bad cable as I was messing with cables in the track when it first alarmed. I dont have any wiring info on this machine so I called a local service tech. His thoughts were to remove the scale feedback and just to use encoder on motor but we were unable to find a loopback plug hanging on the dv5 board or cables as expected.

Here are my thoughts

How hard is it to track wires to check for broken wires in the glass scale and the resolver?
    How hard is it to get replacement cables if they are broken?
    If I do need a loopback plug as tech claims can the not be made from a db15 connector and some jumpers?

If anyone has any suggestions or wiring manuals I certainly could use some

your glass scale has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PROBLEM. Don't mess with it.

scale goes to a2100 NOT drive.

motor RESOLVER goes to drive. ONLY missing resolver sigs will cause r display fault.

Murphy says 'the last thing you did b4 it broke caused it to break.' check the motor RESOLVER cable where you were working on switch.

If you knew how to use an ohmeter you could check the 3 resolver windings at the db25 drive connector. no 'loop back plug' is needed or will help you. check the motor screw on ms connector - did it come loose?

Yes that's what I was thinking. Can you tell me the ohm readings I should be seeing over which wires? I dont have the electrical drawings on machine. Also I am not sure what you are refering to on the motor screw on ms connector.

I believe if you ask Fives nicely they will happily send you pdf prints for YOUR machine no charge.

If for some reason you cannot do that I might send you ones from another arrow 500 - pm me.

30 ohms for ref, 20 and 20 ohms for sin & cos. 15/16, 1/2, 4/5 on resolver DB25 connector.

I got it going. Thank you for the help. I tried the ohmmeter on those pins but I think the wiring might be different on my machine. I checked the "y" axis and did not get any ohms on those as well. I ended up checking continueity from the db25 connector to the resolver and labeling what pins go to what on the resolver plug on the known good "Y" axis the when checking bad "x" axis found two wires had been broken on the resolver plug. I resoldered connections and machine is up and running.

great! glad you got it going! BTW, those pins ARE correct; maybe you thought they were the ones at the motor? or counted from wrong side. Our drives ALWAYS used those same pin nos and never deviated from them.

Hope the machine works great for you!