585,578 active members*
3,930 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > Tool Library and tool paths.

Tool Library and tool paths.

Hi All,

I have some indexable and custom ground tooling that never seems to cut right to size when modifying existing tools within the tool library. I was wondering if one can draw half the tool and save it to the tool library or import a DXF drawing of the tool into the tool library?

(1) Is there a option to create helix tool paths on the XYZ axis to rough out pocket or to rough a circular interpolation? Basically I want to do is ramp helix to depth then helix from center out to the final diameter rather than plunging then stepping out to the final diameter.
    (2) Is there an option to rough plunge a part?
    (3) Can I perform a dwell drill cycle instead of standard peck drill cycle? I would like to drill to a certain depth pause for a second, drill deeper and dwell and so on as a chip breaker without a full retract.
    (4) We use Camworks inside of Solidworks, for simple jobs can I program within a DXF or 2D drawing inside Solidworks instead of programming from the solid model? A lot of the stuff we do is simple pockets and profiling, drilling and taping.

Thanks In advance,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by EricMFG View Post
    Hi All,

I have some indexable and custom ground tooling that never seems to cut right to size when modifying existing tools within the tool library. I was wondering if one can draw half the tool and save it to the tool library or import a DXF drawing of the tool into the tool library?

Check out TechDB7 defining and using custom tools in your pdf manuals.

(1) Is there a option to create helix tool paths on the XYZ axis to rough out pocket or to rough a circular interpolation? Basically I want to do is ramp helix to depth then helix from center out to the final diameter rather than plunging then stepping out to the final diameter.

on your "feature Options" tab of the roughing OP change your entry method from plunge to spiral
    (2) Is there an option to rough plunge a part?
    on the "roughing" tab select "Plunge rough" as your pattern
    (3) Can I perform a dwell drill cycle instead of standard peck drill cycle? I would like to drill to a certain depth pause for a second, drill deeper and dwell and so on as a chip breaker without a full retract.

depends on your post / controller

(4) We use Camworks inside of Solidworks, for simple jobs can I program within a DXF or 2D drawing inside Solidworks instead of programming from the solid model? A lot of the stuff we do is simple pockets and profiling, drilling and taping.

you can, but it's better to use a solid model and easier! your just going back to the 2D cam bad old days of the 80's!

Thanks In advance,
    Eric
    Get yourself booked on some training Eric, it will pay for itself!

Quote Originally Posted by jame5m28 View Post
    Get yourself booked on some training Eric, it will pay for itself!
    better yet, check out the camworks help files, which are excellent and would answer all of your questions. otherwise you will just find yourself lost again. you can give a man a fish.....

most camworks windows will take you directly to a very relevant help page just by clicking on the button labeled "help"..seriously it works, and its context sensitive and useful

Re: Tool Library and tool paths.

Knowledge4Sure offers you one-stop answer for all your Selling Aruba Products and Solutions test stresses. Don't bother packing extended notes or purchase costly instructional exercises. Knowledge4Sure's naturally planned HPE Sales Certified - Aruba Products and Solutions HPE2-W07 Exam Questions PDF give you the least demanding method for acquiring your objective HPE Sales Certified - Aruba Products and Solutions affirmation with the top score!