585,959 active members*
4,781 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: calculator

calculator

Using bobcad 20.6, Is there a built in calculator to do math with? If there is i can't find it. Using windows but when i click on drawing it goes to tray, need one to stay on drawing so i can enter #s ?
    Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!

In V25 you can enter mathematical expressions in BC input boxes, i.e. if you have to put in a Radius but know the diameter is 55.36729 you can enter 55.36729/2
    Not sure about earlier versions though,
    - Nick

I just checked My V20.7 and it does calculate

RAF

Quote Originally Posted by whaley View Post
    Using bobcad 20.6, Is there a built in calculator to do math with? If there is i can't find it. Using windows but when i click on drawing it goes to tray, need one to stay on drawing so i can enter #s ?
    If you don't have the windows maximized, you can click between windows. Maximize once done with the calculations.

Have you ever used Alt-tab? Calculator in focus, sitting on top of CAD screen.
    Enter the numbers. Right click in calculator display, Copy for pasting, Alt-tab, and the CAD cursor will still be where you left it.
    Keyboard shortcuts are often much better than the random input device; the mouse;

Or go overboard, and run 2 screens. They are such low cost items these days.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

This calculator has the ability to keep the window on top, so when you go back to Bobcad, it will still be visible:

Free calculator software - Moffsoft FreeCalc is a great replacement for your Windows calculator.

As with all software, read the license agreement carefully. I believe that it says that it can't be used for commercial purposes, so if that's your intent than perhaps you'll need to contact the developer and obtain a license to do so. Otherwise, it works quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by whaley View Post
    Thanks for the help, using BC for 30 years, v14/v22. v22 is such a change from v20 i never use it. most my work is 2D just for my own projects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know where to come for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use the calculator in the feature box all of the time, it is very easy and useful. If you don't know, you can't do multiple calculations at once ( 5*5+3/2) but if you do one like 67/3 then move the cursor out of the box, it will do that calculation and then you just move the cursor back into the box and enter your next figures. That way you can do chain calculations. It is very fast that way

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

If someone STILL wanted to run the windows calculator on top, you could use something like AutoIt or autohotkey and make a script that launches the calc.exe with always on top. You can even make an "exe" out of the script, that would be your launcher instead of running the batch file.

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    I use the calculator in the feature box all of the time, it is very easy and useful. If you don't know, you can't do multiple calculations at once ( 5*5+3/2) but if you do one like 67/3 then move the cursor out of the box, it will do that calculation and then you just move the cursor back into the box and enter your next figures. That way you can do chain calculations. It is very fast that way

Mike
    It will do (5*5+3)/2 =14 but you have to add the brackets, like you say its faster to just enter 2 times.
    Thanks