585,962 active members*
3,615 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > 9000 level program protection - 21i

9000 level program protection - 21i

Hi

I am having some trouble with a 21i on a grinder. I'm trying to see some of the workings of a probe cycle that is being called by a custom G-code. I enabled 3202.4 and it (O9016) isn't showing up on the directory, nor can I call it.

I'm not getting any mention of password protections -

Is there something I'm missing and do the machine builders have some way to further protect these cycles?

Thanks in advance for any advice,
    Dan

parameter 3202 bit4 :
    NE9 Editing of subprograms with program numbers 9000 to 9999
    0 : Not inhibited
    1 : Inhibited
    The following program editing during operation is invalid.
    (1) Program deletion (Even when deletion of all programs is specified,
    programs with program numbers 9000 to 9999 are not deleted.)
    (2) Program punching (Even when punching of all programs is specified,
    programs with program numbers 9000 to 9999 are not punched.)
    (3) Program number search
    (4) Program editing after registration
    (5) Program registration
    (6) Program collation
    (7) Displaying programs

If set to '1', set to '0'

Yep - that is exactly what I tried and what I normally do. The entire register has 0s right now and I still can't see or edit any of the 9000 level programs. What is weird is when I look in the directory there is a 9200 and 9999, but none of the probing routines. These two programs are there whether I enable 3202.4 or not.

When I look up the custom g-codes in 605X, every one is used and the machine responds and performs all of the 9XXX level probing routines when I call them.

I've locked and un-locked the 9000 level programs on different machines but this one seems weird. Is there something else I'm missing - or is there some way for a machine builder to secure "proprietary" programs within a control?

I'll try again tomorrow and see if I made a mistake - thanks for the confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas_Too View Post
    Yep - that is exactly what I tried and what I normally do. The entire register has 0s right now and I still can't see or edit any of the 9000 level programs. What is weird is when I look in the directory there is a 9200 and 9999, but none of the probing routines. These two programs are there whether I enable 3202.4 or not.

When I look up the custom g-codes in 605X, every one is used and the machine responds and performs all of the 9XXX level probing routines when I call them.

I've locked and un-locked the 9000 level programs on different machines but this one seems weird. Is there something else I'm missing - or is there some way for a machine builder to secure "proprietary" programs within a control?

I'll try again tomorrow and see if I made a mistake - thanks for the confirmation.
    Check if there are any numbers registered in parameters 12011 and 12012. These parameters record the Start and End program numbers respectively for a block of program numbers reserved for Built-in Macro.

Built–in macro program referencing or editing enabled/disabled is made via parameter 12010. Built-in Macros may be protected by a password key.

Regards,

Bill

Hi,
    Thanks for the replies. I'm sorry, but I thought I searched pretty well, but someone forwarded the following link where the same issue was already posted:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...anuc_21-t.html

It says it is possible to compile these macros in the control to protect their function. I'm surprised that if they were compiled in the control that they would still use the G-code alias in 605X.

Oh well,
    I guess everything would be fine if they worked - we must have an early release. We'll see what the builder says.

Thanks for the help,
    Dan

How to lock the programs upto 8000 from editing a parameter for Fanuc system.

If you can help .
    Please reply on [email protected]