584,841 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 101 of 422 519199100101102103111151201
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 8431

New guy from CT

Hi everyone,
    I found this thread searching for Home built CNC Millers.
    I am a Mechanical Engineer who was a CNC Machinist for 5 years.
    You have a great site that is full of helpful information.
    I'd like to ask some questions about making a router that can cut Alum. but I have a lot of reading here first.
    Thank you,
    Bill

Hello All

I just bought my first CNC controller board. I' m planning on playing with it along with some stepper motors. Sooner or later I would like to build a cnc plasma machine.

Peace

Smile Hello

I am pretty new th the site. I have found a lot of useful information on this site. I am currently working on a camsoft refit on a shear. It is all new to me so I have been reading quite a bit. I usually write my logic in ladder logic mostly for fanuc controllers. I am in Fergus Falls Mn and work for a cabinet door manufacturer and have been here for around 16 years. I still very much enjoy building machines start to finish.

Hi,

I'm brand spanking new to the world of machining, but have great interest. I'm about to start a CNC conversion of a Sieg mill to get started. I can't wait to start milling my own parts for robotics!

Hello, I'm looking for a site that talks about CNC,and I found this one very helpfull. I'm retired and my hobbies are Electronics and Computing. I'm planning to make a little CNC for engraving PCB's.

Jacques

Hello All,
    Long time member but not a very good blogger. I'm an aging baby boomer that got caught in the job crunch and the disposable income has been tight. I have had a hobby router for about four years now that gives mixed results. Looking to upgrade the electronics. While I have been away for a while I am still interested in CNC and what it can do. CNCZone is the best I've found for ideas and answers.

Hello All,
    i`m from Serbia and i`m looking for some useful help about engraving with CNC.

Hi,
    mainly interested in cnc routing as an extension of my rc glider hobby and really like the idea of milling my own elliptical wing plugs for moulds. I have built a cnc hot wire cutter for better quality foam wings, this has given me the idea that I could possibly go to the next step and build my own cnc router. Anyway, thats the reason I am lurking here, soaking up information and trying to decide if its a good idea to start my own build or not, what materials to use, how big, how much will it cost......all the usual questions.

Hello

Hello everyone,

I've lurked here for a while and picked up some tips here and there. Thanks!

I'm a licensed machinist for about 25 years, and CNC Programming for about 10 years. I work in a small prototyping shop with conventional machines and 3 CNC machines. We have a couple Haas Machines, a TM3 mill, and a SL20 C-axis lathe. My latest challenge is getting a Bridgeport EZVision mill working to my liking. I'm dealing with post issues right now

I've been program with Edgecam for just over a year, and I'm starting to like it. I find the last couple of updates have improved noticeably, and run better. Before Edgecam I was an old Smartcam user for about 9 years.

I look forward to speaking with you...

Hello all, I am from Malaysia. I am here after a long period of absense...work etc. I am thinking of building a CNC machine soon. My interests are in electronics, computers and robotics. Currently building a robotic arm for college (demonstration purpose).

Hope to pick up methods of setting up a workable CNC with local parts.

Hello,
    I've been working for a custom broach cutting tool manufacturer and figured I'd start adding in my two cents since I've received at least two dollars from this forum over the years.
    CNCzone is awesome.
    Florida

Smile

Hi All!
    Water jet cutting shop from the UK here, will try and help with any water jet cutting questions!

Water jet cutting services

Hey Guys,
    I am a member of my family business that has multiple CnC machines, a laser, and numerous other fun toys.
    I'm looking to expand my knowledge and hopefully create some new products for our product line.
    Our main router is a Multicam3000 running Enroute4.
    Thanks!

Hello all,
    I'm 51 years old laid-off from my current job going to take a 35 week course for CNC machinist. Something I've should have years ago but you know how life takes over. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bill

Hi Guys:
    I’m a retired tool & die maker, tool planner. I’ve been running an old Shizuoka AN-S with a quick draw changer and a Bandit control in my garage for the last ten years. I’ve been using Mastercam to design and program (self taught) to make hot rod parts for my self and my friends. I have to say it’s been a blast. My interest have been drifting more to the artsy side of cnc machining and any one familiar with the bandit control knows that is very slow in loading programs and has a very limited memory. My interest in this blog is in hoping to find out to convert to a PC operated system. I’m not very knowledgeable in the electrical end of this endeavor but have two sons who are ready and technically able to help. I’ve done some searching for info and have gotten some good info but have yet been able to put together a coherent plan. If at all possible I would like to keep the servo motors and the drivers as they are in good shape. The problem is finding a controller board that I can install in my PC and how to hook it up to the existing drivers (if that is possible). I have all of the original factory manuals and diagrams on the machine and the control. I’m VERY limited on income and have been reluctant to mess with the Bandit because it just keeps running and running and running. I also know that one day this thing is going to give up the ghost. So if any one feels like giving me a little direction here I would really appreciate it.
    Roy

Joined in 08 but new to CNCZONE

Hello everyone,
    I get the occasional invites to chat CNC and want to get involved with the group after quietly sitting on the side line for 2 years. I own a small motorcycle performance shop and make cool little widgets and doodads on a 3axis open bed mill built by Fryer Machine running Anilam 3000 controls. I'm a self taught SmartCAM user and give full credit to a friend Harry Lewis for keeping me going when I felt like giving up whenever I didn't understand something. I have a few issues with the postcode process and need to edit every program before running them in my machine. I am paying attention and want to learn from this group of friendly people in here and share what I have learned throughout my CNC experiences. Thanks for letting me speak, David

Time to introduce myself, I've been lurking for a long time.

I'm in the process of building a desktop mill. So far I've acquired a computer and monitor for the job, a Gecko G540 to drive things, a handful of appropriate-looking stepper motors, 4 ball screws, etc.

Today I'll be making some chips milling bearing mounts.

John

Hi,

I am an Engineer by trade, just tinkering with CNC.
    This looks like a excellent forum and will be a great learning experience.

PDB

Hello
    My name is Dennis. i use a plotter cutter for work & am putting together a small router engraver. Cost of soft ware can be high. I'm trying the BDI lenux.

Quote Originally Posted by lamebridge View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've lurked here for a while and picked up some tips here and there. Thanks!

I'm a licensed machinist for about 25 years, and CNC Programming for about 10 years. I work in a small prototyping shop with conventional machines and 3 CNC machines. We have a couple Haas Machines, a TM3 mill, and a SL20 C-axis lathe. My latest challenge is getting a Bridgeport EZVision mill working to my liking. I'm dealing with post issues right now

I've been program with Edgecam for just over a year, and I'm starting to like it. I find the last couple of updates have improved noticeably, and run better. Before Edgecam I was an old Smartcam user for about 9 years.

I look forward to speaking with you...
    try a hurco winmax control at the next IMTS, i was in your shoes once, haas are junk

Page 101 of 422 519199100101102103111151201