585,665 active members*
3,763 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 422 9101112132161111

Talking

Hi people! :wave:

I'm a mould engineer from Turkiye and my name is Kenan (21 age). i know conventional machining centers and manufacturing technologies very well. Furthermore solidworks,catia and WorkNC. I believe that i'm pro about WorkNC.

I have a mod in CAD/CAM forum in Turkiye. www.cadokulu.com/forum
    Thats all now.

Hi everyone. Nice forum you got going on here.

A little bit about myself. I ran Brown and Sharpe screw machines for about ten years. Finally got that monkey off my back. Started out where I work now running a manual mill. After about a month they put me on an EZ-Trak, and said "good luck". Well, I gotta say I love that machine. Didn't take me long to catch on to it, even though I had never touched a CNC before. That machine is making it look like I know what I'm doing.

At any rate, I'm looking to learn and this looks like a good place to do just that.

Hello everyone,

This forum looks really great. There is so much information here it will take me a long time to see it all.

Basically, I'm 18 from Ontario, Canada. And I'm in college right now, in the Mechanical Engineering Technician - CAD/CAM program. I also might be the youngest person here perhaps.

Good day,
    -victor

This is a great site, helped me to narrow down my CAM software choices.

I graduated from the Maryland Machinist Apprenticeship program some 15 years ago, always loved machining. I current own an Injection molding company and recently started a subsidiary company that uses Laser Sintering equipment, cryogenic equipment and CNC machines to produce rapid production tooling.

Look forward to reading through all of the posts.

Steven

I discovered this site looking for info on the X3 everywhere. Bought mine from Lathemaster about a month ago and am following the CNC retro action for this model. I am an Industrial Electrical Controls and Automation person with a little machining skill through practical experience building machines for the last 20 years. I fell into this because I have gotten quotes on making more prototypes of my patents and decided I could afford to do it myself. CNC is in the future for me but I'll let the experts here sort this one out. My intentions are a CNC retro X3, keep manual controls, and DRO, Servo's, PC based CNC and CAM.

Ziggster

Been a real pleasure to "lurk" in the background, trying to absorb the wealth of information available here. As with any process, I like to fully understand all aspects before diving in so I appreciate the forum. Most of the time, it's somewhat hard to figure out which thread to jump into without interupting the "flow" of the discussion with another "Newbee" question.

I've been thinking of building a CNC Router (5'x10') and am now collecting components. Mechanically, I'm ready but still a little fuzzy on understanding the Controller/Software side of CNC.

Question: I have scrounged up 4 Superior Steppers with Encoders (KMT093S07 5.1Amp 3.2vdc 1155 oz-in. 500ppr) and 4 Parker APEX6151 controllers which can be daisy-chained and connected to CPU by RS-232. I plan to do cabinet component Nesting and 3D carving, and have looked at Mastercam and Enroute software as design/g code options. Can anyone give me a step by step explination on how the software interface would communicate with the controllers? Is there additional hardware/software required?

Looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.

hi
    I want alphacam software ,
    my Email :[email protected]

Just joined recently and am loving the site.
    Right now I am overwhelmed with it all. I am an Engineer. Mechanical and Electrical. I am sort of a Jack of All Trades. I do electronic circuit designs right now. Did solid modeling, acoustic transducers, data acquisition and other things.

I am going to see if a cabinet builder friend of mine will help me build the JGRO model. I have a bunch of parts from printers and work. The BIG question for me is -- How to get the computer to talk to the steppers -- "in the least expensive way".

I will probably buy some software. (Since I know how much effort goes into writting and debuging it.)

If I build JGRO's machine I may have to see about slipping him some money. The level of detail on his drawings is unbeleivable. It puts to shame some engineers I have worked with.
    --Paul

New on this

Hi there I'm Mechanical Enginer from Chihuahua, Mexico, I work in a plastic injection company, I'm, having troubles with the CNC, (first time I try to program) here we have a FADAL machine, I have already the coordinates of the tool path but in the commands at beginning and ending of program, the machine don't do what I want, I copy this from a manual:

N1 G90 G80 G40 G49 G00;
    N2 G91 G28 Z0;
    N3 G28 X0 Y0;
    N4 T01 T00 M06;
    N5 G90 G54 S1590 M03;
    N6 G00 X0,Y0,Z0.100;
    N7 G43 Z0.1 H01 M08;
    N8 (BEGIN COORDENATES OF TOOL PATH)

But in the commands in lines 1 & 2 the machine goes automatically to Z0 piece coordinate, I don't want the machine does that cause in that place the machine goes to Z0, is hitting with piece.

Hope somebody could understant what I'm trying to explain, and somebody could help me

I bought an AXYZ Millenium 3 years ago and have paid it off doing small jobs during evenings and weekends. I have taught myself to draw in Solidworks and purchased a copy of OneCNC MillPro. Not having a machinist background, I am finding the software a challenge to master. Just thought I'd check in.
    Stu

Hi All, Im a hobbiest wood worker just getting some ideas
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.

Hi been gone for awhile just getting back I would like to say that cnc zone keeps everything clean and thats my favorite part why would I post on some site where some body thats not right you dumba**. Most of the time I just like absorbing info Thanks

newbie into the whole cnc thing. been working with metal for ten years, mainly in welding, and some lathe and mill work. trying to find a way to convert the cutting operations in my shop and garage to cnc [as cheaply as possible!]. kinda figured that building a machine was not rocket science, and so after a little googling here I am. I am very impressed with the friendly and helpful environment of the sight.
    to all those who have already helped me out, thank you

Hello to you all. This is my first post to CNC Zone. I am a violinmaker and I have just bought a hobby CNC router which I plan to complete and then use to make violin plates. I am an absolute beginner to the CNC world and I will greatly appreciate any help I can find from this forum.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I am a contract cnc programer.
    Been doing it for over 19 yrs.
    can do every kind of cnc programming

[email protected]

Hello I am new in here I came in to get some info on operating a CNC router it is going to be my new job on Tuesday. I only helped with one 5 yrs ago and forgot what to do,if I have to measure anything or what. Any advice is well appreciated.You can contact me at [email protected].

Thanks

Hi,
    I came across the site some months ago. Every time I think of a question to ask, I search the posts and there's the answer. And when I see a problem that I might be able to help with, an expert has given a better answer than I could. Frustrating isn't it?????

hi,

I am experienced mold designer, have done many projects on Pro-e.But, prefer mastercam for machining of molds.

What's up? like to say I'm new to cnc machining, but catching on real fast. Currently I'm taking up Mastercam classes, once again catching on real fast(it's a gift I guess). Anyways I was wondering are there some D-I-Y plans on building a cnc plasma cutting machine. I would like to get the knowledge of all the componets used and their funtions.

This is the place I've been looking for. I am a mechanical engineer that is learning the ropes on hobby CNC mills. I would like to prototype some designs myself and thought that using a cnc mill would be the best way to go. I have a lot to learn and look forward to digging through the forum for answers, insights, and insperation.

Page 11 of 422 9101112132161111