584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 51 of 422 41495051525361101151
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 8431

Wink Hello from Ohio

Hi all,

My name is Mary, located in Cleveland, Ohio. I spent 17 years in Technical/Quality & Prod. mgt with a Tier 1, JIT, job shop coating facility (electrocoat, powder coat, wet spray and zinc plating).

I wanted to break into the manufacturing side of industry. I really thought my experience in Tech/Quality would enhance what I had to offer in a manufacturing environment; At the same time I felt I needed more knowledge to bring it all together.

So here I am, a full time student again

I just began working on my associates degree in manufacturing. Currently taking PM l, ll & CNC. Classes began 2/18/08, So I am really a NEWBIE, to machining!

When I came home from class today I did a web search on tramming and the web link for this forum came up. Looking through the files it was apparent the wealth of experience and information presented by group members here. I'm looking forward to learning more, being active in the group and hopefully getting to know many group members along the way.

Today, we were out on the shop floor and had an exercise tramming the head of a Bridgeport mill. Unfortunately, the team I was on bombed out. The first student took way too long :stickpoke and I didn't get my turn...... OK, maybe I wouldn't have done so hot either my first time in but jiminey crickets I didn't even get a chance. :violin:

Whahhh, I'm officially whining!

Anyway, I have sooooo much to learn and Monday I'll get another chance to get tramming skills under my belt. Feedback is much appreciated!

Glad to be here, thanks for supporting this forum.

My First CNC Machine

I just purchased my first cnc machine; an Acra FEL-1640 ENC w/ Anilam 4200 T control 2005 model. I spent the day moving my 1929 South Bend 9" lathe
    and an Enco 11" X 30" 1984 Lathe to make room for the New Machine that should arrive in about 2 weeks. If anyone has experience with this machine or the control; I would appreciate any information you have to offer because I have no cnc experience.

Looking forward to making new cnc friends... and parts!

Jim
    [email protected]

hello all

well, time to put finger to keyboard, have lurked for a little while and got the bug, i fancy building a cnc router to take say 6' x 3' sheets of verneered mdf and suchlike as i intend building a new kitchen, at least thats what i plan.
    i live in wales and work in a steelplant lab, have a reasonable workshop/mess with lathe miller welding etc so the machine work dosent bother me too much, but the rest, well i havent a clue at the moment.
    knowledge to date, 3 stepper motors [ i think] somthing to drive them, and somthing to drive the somthing.
    due to a little illness heavy work is outers for the moment, however somthing to exercise the head muscle would be wonderful.
    i've looked at a few of the vidios, i'm impressed, to think you people made that from scratch is just overwhelming, it nust be great to see your projects work for the first time.
    anyway thanks for reading this.
    regards
    mark

CNC Newbie.

Hi Everybody.

I joined in 2004 and I wanted to build a Cnc Mill out of a series 1 Bridgeport. My wife then got sick with cancer and died in june of 2006. I took me up till now to get my interest back. I am sorry that I haven't written before.
    I live in Vancouver, Canada and came original from Denmark. I am machinist by trade and have a provincial and interprovincial millwright ticket. So machining is just a hobby of mine.

Cheers Flemming

First Post. "Hey there are other CNC nuts out there?"

Hello all! I think I am going to be glad I ran across this forum.
    My backgound:
    8.5 years exp with CNC routers in coustom cabinet shop.
    Self taught with G-code,
    AutoCad; CAM. (Amature for sure)

Toys I get to play with:
    (good o'l) Motion Master six axis router. with A&B control.
    Two spindels one 3 AXI and one 5 AXI.

Andi 18 with FANUC control
    (Main Machine I use now.)

Twin CABMAXX 21'S with FANUC control.
    Used for stack panel processing.

My job:
    Solid
    Wood parts manufacture. Very often take custom projects from R&D to production.

Yes! A dream job for a CNC "nut".

Thats me.. hello every one.

As far as I know I've never subscribed to a thread with this name ("tell us about you") and yet I just received the link by email which would suggest that it was called something else and someone recently changed the name...... If this is the case, how about someone corrects it to read "tell us about yourself" otherwise all our non-English speaking members will get the idea that we actually say things such as "tell us about you"? We can never hope to have the content of these threads even close to being grammatically correct but surely having the titles somewhere close to being right is not too much to ask for.

Intro

well, I am a lomg time wanna be machinist, need lots of help. I have done much in woodwork but no metalwork. Just learned to weld, now time to learn how to machine. I hope to have as much fun as it looks.
    Ken

Hello from Franklin, Ohio !!!

My name is Jimmy. I'm an engineering manager for a local manufacturer of aluminum products for the construction industry. Business is slow in this industry for us of course, but we are utilizing the time to ramp up our internal manufacturing and bring more items in-house.

I'm here to learn and network. I'm looking for knowledge for use in my day job, as well as in my own business at home. My wife and I are starting up a business called JED Custom Cycles. The intent is for production of one off and highly detailed, unique custom motorcycle parts and accessories.

I am already purchasing the base equipment we need for the shop, but one of the key elements to our success is going to me a cnc machine capable of milling aluminum, and possibly some stainless steel. I keep seeing information here about wood working routers, but I would like to build my own metal cutting mill with a tool changer.

I'm really impressed with the information I have found here already. This is amazing source of data and experience. Thanks for the oportunity.

Peace,

JJ

Hello,
    I am a college student with a desire to make/own/use a CNC machine. I came to this site looking for answers, and as luck might have it, I have found more questions. I think this is a great site, and look forward to meeting and learning from the members of this forum.

-Mark

New Member - Engineer Karl

I am a retired Professional Engineer with a long term interest in both manual and CNC Machining. My father was a toolmaker and I received some initial training in machine usage at a very early age. However, Dad wanted me to have a better life than him and pressed for an engineering education.

It worked and I have been an engineer all my life, but with little hands on machine work.

I would like to get a small lathe and mill (Maybe CNC). The soon to be manufactured Syil X4 Plus looks like real fun (He wipes a small drop of saliva from the corner of his mouth).

The good news about being an engineer is that I have a great 3D CAD/CAE background so that part of CNC should be easier.

More later, Pleased to meet all of you

Karl

Greetings!
    I guess I'm due to post on this forum- I have been "lurking" for some time
    A bit about myself- My profession is automotive repair and instruction for a private school. Im a model r/c hobby nut (my passion is heli) for about 38 years. I'm also a frustrated machinist (most of my friends and their fathers Are machinists) and would be metal worker. Im also a biker-riding for almost 30 yrs.
    Here is my tale of woe.....(i know i can be painfully long winded)
    About 6 years ago a good friend gave me an old atlas 4' lathe w/gearbox and told me if i could fix it, i could keep it. I did
    I found Dave Gingery and his series of books "build your own metalworking shop from scrap" and began my journey into machining. I since built a horz. mill, a shaper and recently a Rockcliff CNC router. Now I'm going to learn cad/cam/nc (bobcad/cam v22) and have more fun! Its been good "lurking" for me and soon I will post some pics. Thank you all for your participation in this community!

Greetings!

Hello to everyone!:cheers:

I'm a Hungarian guy and I'm a senior stundent at Budapest University of Technology and Economics.
    So this is my final semester and I came to this forum to get some help and information to be able to finish my studies.

I'm a surfboard builder (part-time) interested in CNC hot-wire foam cutting to expand my business.

Hi all,

I've been on CNC zone for quite a while now. Just never really noticed this forum, or forgot that I already posted. Anyway, I may as well post now.

I've been into the CNC world for about 1.5 years now. Started with CNCing my little sherline and quickly got frusterated at how slow it was. Saved up and bought a Syil SX3. It worked good, but too slow without coolant, so now I have a 2 nozzle fogbuster as well. I do my cad/cam work with Dolphin. I have a copy of BobCad/Cam newest version, but I don't care for it, so if anyone is interested in a copy for cheap, let me know.

I'm using my cnc equipment to build a modern version of an antique woodworking machine, so that has been keeping me very busy.

Cheers!

Wade

Hello, this is my introducition post

I have visited this site on occasion, but until recently, have not have a need to be more involved. But now that I have started designing and building my CNC wood router/inlay engraver, I have a more important reason to be a part. I am thirsty for knowledge from within the CNC router community to solve some issues in my mind on my build and design.

I am experienced woodworker (40 years) and currently am working in a professional level rustic furniture design/creation/manufactuiring shop as an advisor and problem solver in developing assembly procedures, tooling, jigs and problem solving. The shop is running very well and I have sort of worked myself out of a job, so I now have more time to pursue my own inventing and designing projects. I have stated building musical instruments (guitar, mandolin, violin) and have come to the conclusion that a CNC router would be a great addition to my shop. Carving mandiolin tops, necks, routing for inlays and logos and cutting out jigs are a few of the potential projects I hope to accomplish. So my CNC machine must have repeatiblity, accuracy and flexibilty. Therefore I have decided not to build just a basic tabletop sign routing type rig, but one with mid sized capabilty (20" x 30" x 6") with more substaintial bearings, drives and structural design than I have seen on many home shop routers. Although I have made many decisions on my machine design and have started securing some materials, there are still alot of issues unresolved and undecided.

Hopefully I can find an "old hand" here on the CNCzone to help guide me thru the technical realm, give me advice to avoid the common cnc-beginner mistakes and misconceptions and direct me in an upward direction to see my project thru. Like I told my mandolin teacher a couple years ago. "if my musical skills were as strong as my desire, I'd be an accomplished muscian!" So, maybe there's a cnc teacher out there that will take me under the wing and get me going.

Glad to be part of this community, looking forward to broading my horizons.

Mike

Hi all, I am Garnet from central Alberta Canada. Just finishing off a new house and garage/workshop... 40ft by 40ft... lots of room for a cnc router I hope to build this fall, and maybe a plasma one too. I hope to use it for my rc army tanks.. see www.rctankcombat.com ...my tanks are numbers 11 and 42. www.scaledtanks.com. Cnczone is full of so much information that I would need a life time to read it all but what I have read is great and very helpful. I have learned alot and can use it to build my own systems. Thanks to all the people who have supplied their thoughts, work, and pictures.

Garnet

New Guy

Hi all. I am new to this forum Just found it through instructables. I am in Kentucky USA. I have been doing electronics and wood working as a hobby for years. This site is a natural extention of that. Ialso have been working as an electrician with mechanical abilities at a local factory for 18 years for I have the mech and elec ability now to get the parts and start building. I am sure this site will help me in the design and implementation of the project.
    Steve

Hello, i'm from Portugal, and i´m just starting to gather information about CNC machines. I'm interested in building my machine to save money (a commercial model is way too expensive to me), and also for the fun of making my own tool.

There's a lot of stuff that i still don't understand, and i will need your help for sure.

I think this machine is usefull for me, because i'm studing design, and with a CNC a could make some stuff like models, prototypes...

I have some (little) experience on electronics, metalworking, woodworking, and i'm a student-worker, studing design and working on electrical machines (power tools mostly) repairing (hard life lol)... so i think i have some knowlege to try building this.

By the way, sorry for my bad english.

Cheers, Rui.

hi all, i am ferdi, from sri lanka. just starting to explore cnc i have a panel bender with fagor 8025 gp . i need help in setting it up. thanks

Hello,
    I am Jack from N. W. ARK. Welding for about 24 years and machining for 23. 2 college degrees in machine shop, welding, CAD drafting ,metallurgy, etc.

Presently working at a shop during the day, and at my home shop on nights and weekends. Looking for CNC mill. Already have 2 lathes,1 mill, large Hobart CyberTig machine.

Looking for more customers, have 2 good ones already.

Would like to work at home full time.

JAckal

Page 51 of 422 41495051525361101151