584,802 active members*
4,906 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 422 of 422 322372412420421422
Results 8,421 to 8,431 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hey, been in the game as a contractor designer/programmer/operator for many years but decided to take the plunge this year (great timing haha) to go out on my own proper. Acquired a MHI VMC and Mori Seiki lathe as I have a thing for MIJ equipped with Fanuc however have done plenty of time on Hass and a Meldas equipped unit.

Hey guys, I got to sell my Fanuc Lr Mate 200i because I have no room. Please respond for pricing and info!

Hey everyone. I recently picked up a Phoenix-EZ CNC Woodlathe. I got the machine only. The guy selling it knew nothing about it. I have a little background with CNC machinery as I went to college for Mechanical engineering (tool and die). I also worked in a cnc machine shop for a bit after getting my diploma. Yes a diploma as I attended college in Canada. Here in Canada, college is for dummies! Lol. Anyway I now have this wood lathe. I powered it up and everything seems to work ok. I’m willing to spend a little money on getting the cnc part working. I picked up a computer running windows 7 at the moment. I was going to order a parallel port card or USB adapter for it so I can connect the computer to the machine. I’m kinda lost here though. If anyone can help point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated. I did post in one of the threads but it was very old (2007 2008) and I never received any response. If all else fails, I guess I could make a tool rest for it and just use it manually.

hello there. been a long time reader, i built(converted) my first CNC 10 years ago. i then proceeded to build a 48X48 laser cutter.
    i am working on a plasma cutter build for a friend of mine, i count in using it to build a 36X36 cnc router.

i did not enjoy the metal cnc machining, i have too much of an ADHD problem to wait that long. the laser cutting really suits my fancy; its quick work and quick results. from concept to finished project within an hour.

Hello all, I'm a newbie to CNC, just getting my feet wet with a CNC plasma build.
    I'm a wood and metal worker so I wanted to add CNC cutting capabilities to my hobby shop.
    Currently struggling with getting Fusion 360 and GRBL to work together.

NICE JOB VERY NICE

Groundhog I pray you can get people smiling. It is surely what we need. Congrats on your retiring. I have not gotten into laser as of yet. But i do have a small CNC router. Just starting to get back into it. Retiring is on my mind. I currently program robots. I am now looking forward to programming my CNC Router. But having a hard time choosing Cam Software. Any Suggestions?:banana:

Hi everyone. A complete Newbee. Just been given a tabletop cnc from Santa so looking for cad software that will write my gcode etc. I'll apologise now if I ask some stupid questions etc but still learning

Hi
    a total novice compared to some of the rubbish i read on here....lol
    40 years industry experienced eleectronic electrical machine builder auto spark mechanical pneumatic hydraulic steam and vehichle techy.
    love technical things just completely built back up from the dead a 3040t with laser guide led lighting 500watt brushless and custom controller using a NCB02 box.

not good on gcode but learning fast.

plenty of back ground to fall back on
    reitred and crippled so its one of the hobbies im getting into to try and keep me sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyscrofer View Post
    Hi
    a total novice compared to some of the rubbish i read on here....lol
    Looks like most of your posts are to replies to long gone legacy posts!!
    They either have the answer, or have moved on!
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

hy al-the-man a few days ago i saw that you replied in this thread, and i wondered why, because you are arround here for a while, or so loooong, so i was curious if you decided to re/introduce yourself, etc

but, after reading the " last news ", it took me a few days to figure it out that i also (really) need a dead 3040t ... to bring it to life, or something

an analytical mind will shadow the heart / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Page 422 of 422 322372412420421422