584,874 active members*
5,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 419 of 422 319369409417418419420421
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Alright it’s time to check in. I have a small machine shop specific to early porsche 911 head work. CNC is new to me, I picked up an old Denford mill without any electronics and am converting it to Mach3 so far so good but will need a lot of questions answered.

Hope to build a CNC router table after this to make wood propellers for my SE5a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey I've been on the search for a USA template download to make an anniversary gift . Surprised to find that its been so difficult. Anybody out there have some plans they're willing to share with me?

Hi all,
    I am a retired Brit snowbird that spends the summers in the UK and the winters in Florida. This has worked well now for some years and has given me the time to have almost matching workshops at either end.

I got into CNC and find it most rewarding and the learning curve has not been too steep until I ran into a brick wall.
    That wall is producing a full 3d relief carving from a photo.
    Thinking head and shoulders, or the dog, pet parrot, or whatever else the person wants

I want to be able to do this as gifts to friends and family, but if it really works, then perhaps some sales might happen, (If they are good enough).

Research took me to Youtube where I found a man who I took to be an Australian who did a great job with a photo of the Mona Lisa. It looked OK until I saw he used CadCam to move the bitmap greyscale which it then converted it into 3d for tool pathing.
    Great I thought until I found out that CADCAM is now discontinued.

I use Vectric now and it is possible to do this but it is a long and convoluted process that is for now beyond my level.

So my question is this. Is there another programme (Carveco ?) that will do all this the same way as Cadcam. In other words, one step from bitmap to 3d ready to make the toolpaths.

Or am I being a bit naive looking for the impossible? The Holy Grail comes to mind.

Your help with this will be really appreciated.
    Best to all out there

ElderlyGent.

Looking Web Development and ERP Deveopment

Hey if want to make website or mobile app,
    also we do ERP Development contact us
    For Mobile App Development in Vadodara Contact Mysphere Infotech

http://www.mysphereinfotech.com/

http://www.mysphereinfotech.com/ERP-development.php

http://www.mysphereinfotech.com/website-development.php

Greetings all, I'm Chris and recently got into cnc milling as a hobby. I'm running a small aluminum ViperX with Mach3 and slowly figuring stuff out as I go. Thanks, for the welcome.

Hello, Im robert and Ive recently gotten into CNC laser Cutting and Hydraulic stamping.

Ive been using an amada FOM3015 NT and a Prima Industries series laser (really hate using that one, its so finicky and breaks down often)

before I did this I was a draftsman who designed welded steel booths.

I like gaming and playing card games like Magic the gathering.

CNC is really new to me, i kinda like it. operating machines and creating the code for them to cut aint as bad as i thought it might be.

Hi Everyone,

I am a R&D Engineering Manager from a small machine tool repair / rebuild and retrofit company in Pennsylvania. Have lurked for a long time, thought it was time to join and say hi. I have custom built many machines and worked with many manual / NC and CNC machines in the past 23 years. Thanks!

Hey, I'm new here.

My name is Bruce from South Africa.
    I'm a retired attorney and CNC hobbyist.
    I've built a multi-purpose CNC machine. Running LinuxCNC.
    QCad, dff2gcode and mill2plasma (for plasma cutting)
    My machine is capable of plasma cutting, milling, plotting, foam cutting, laser, percussion engraving and wood routing.
    I'm using a cheap Chinese bob with with stepper motors.
    I use roller chain - I know that this has a "bad rap" but I find it works very well.

Hello Im new as of this week
    Im in NC of the Great USA
    Owned a medium size shop for 25+ years sold out to a great company and
    now managing the business for them
    Ran CNC lathes since they first came out with tape readers and then went to
    computerized controls......
    Have experience in all machining
    Im 60 years old and love life
    Wake up every morning and thank my Lord for giving me another day to do what
    i enjoy......
    Love to fish , hunt , and camp Just love all of life.....
    NC Fat Boy

I am ricky, working as analyst.
    You can visit my blog Why travel is important

Hi, I'm Alex and a new member of your community.
    Grew up in Hessen, Laubach, Germany. In March 2017 i joined the military and started my Army Nurse Corps career or ANC as a clinical assistant nurse position, At the Büchel Air Base, Büchel, Germany.

hello,
    am a cnc newbie hoping to gain a lot and also help out, i work for Arialaba(https://arialaba.com) and am hoping to meet great people here.

Hi,
    I am an old / young user of a cnc machine. I use it exclusively to create pcb. After a few years I decided to replace the electronics with a USB card, so I am looking for information.
    Thanks

thanks, and iam looking to kjsmachcnc.com/post/327.html

Hi.
    After building my 3d printer, i'm now going to build my CNC

I'm trying start from a trashed microbiology automate. (the small one here: https://novaprep.co.uk/automated-instruments/)
    It's very well build, the fixed Y gantry is heavy. The X axis is too weak, I will make a movable bed.

Hi everyone, I am new to CNC, but every day I grow in this area. Glad to join the forum!

Hey Rekd,

I am new to this forum, and I don't know where to start. Then I saw your post. I am also working in a forging company, and I would like to post a thread on open die forged parts for the aerospace industry.
    https://www.patriotforge.com/markets-served/aerospace/
    Now I know where to start. Thanks for the inspiration

I am new here and working hard to see that i improve my cnc machining.

Thank you for welcoming us.

i have seen a challenge of cutting on the rotary axis and would like to know how this can be done...

I'm an electronic tinkerer and have recently purchased both an inexpensive (China) CNC 3018 milling machine and a 3D printer. Neither has yet to arrive. The CNC machine should be here by Friday (5/15), so I'm excited about that. However, the 3D printer is another story altogether. 3 years ago I backed a Kickstarter campaign for a 3D printer with lots of bells and whistles. It has yet to arrive, but the campaign owner says, "Hang in there. It's close to shipping," At this point, I'm not sure if it will ever show up!

Anyway, so I'll be a newbie with the CNC and I'm sure I'll have lot's of questions as my learning curve improves. Since I mostly build electronic, and the enclosures, I'm very interested in milling the front and rear panels for requiste openings, and etching for labels. Enter, the entry-level 3018. While I wait for its arrival, I've been reading a lot about them (in general), the software, but more importantly their milling capability with various material. I have no illusions that the 3018 will produce professional results, but do hope I will be able to cut through 3-10mm of aluminum stock. How long that will take has yet to be learned/experienced. I believe my requirement will tax the motor/spindle on the 3018 and may not even make it - depending upon usage.

So, I've already started looking at upgrading the spindle, but have questions about the voltage, watts, shaft diameter, etc of a new motor. Here's where I'm looking for suggestions and perhaps some expectation leveling, on just what I can expect to do with this CNC machine - out of the box, and whether it would be a good idea to upgrade the spindle at some future time. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

My son, is also excited about having a CNC machine in the house, and has already planned a laser module upgrade as well! The fun never ends.

Rick

Page 419 of 422 319369409417418419420421