585,775 active members*
4,012 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 71 of 422 2161697071727381121171
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 8431
    Hello everybody,
    I'm mechanical eng. I was working on grander milling machine and 3D coordinate milling machine (don't know a proper english term). After that I was working on the oil filds as a forman doing reconstruction of the mud system (pipelines - high and low pressure etc.) and also others welding job. Now, a friends of mine ask me for help. He has a very old Hydraulic Surface Grinder URB 1000 (by FORTUNA Germany licence) made in Kikinda-former Yugoslavia. He need Cold Cathode Trigger Tube PHILIPS ZC 1040.
    Does anybody know how to find it? Thank's for help.

Time to stop lurking!

Afternoon! My name...well you 've probably guessed that already!

I run a little engineering design company in the UK. I've had manual machines for years - but decided to take the plunge in to CNC last year.

The machines are just for prototyping - everything we put into production gets farmed out to grown-ups.

I bought a Denford Easiturn and promptly started a Mach conversion on it. Once it worked - it was brilliant. I was kicking myself for buying a manual lathe years ago.

On the strength of that, I replaced my Bridgeport S1 with a 1997 Interact S1 Mk2 with a Heidenhain 370 controller. It's been a bit of a steep learning curve - but I'm getting there.

In house we use Solidworks. I thought I'd have a look here for advice on what CAM to buy to hook the two together without bankrupting myself!

I'm pretty hot on Electronics and CAD - so hopefully I'll be able to make a useful contribution to the forum.

Si

New to the cnc world...

Hello and thank you all in advance for your help.
    I'm a Autocad (Autodesk) user and I'm uncertain of the link between the two worlds.
    I'm currently working on a project that requires my design to be brought into and milled by a cnc machine. I'm not sure if my 3d solids will work for the cnc procedures. So there you go. Thanks again. I'll be glad to receive any information you might have.

Mark
    North Richland Hills, Texas

Hi folks new user here , based in Scotland with 20 years experience of Mazak/Mazatrol control, setting /operating and programming mainly on vertical and horizontal mills.. working under the Houston based welldynamics banner..

Anyway hi.....

Hello @-@:wee:

My name is Melissa and I'm a jack of all trades. By night I'm a work in a women's and children's hospital as an rt. What few hours I have left in the day I work on building my small business. For the past 2 years I have been making jewelry gear toward preteen,teen and the early 20's crowd. However if the new cpsia law is not amended before Feb 10 of this year I will pretty much be lose over 1/2 of my business.

So you may ask why am I here well I'm here to learn about laser cutting acrylic jewelry. I have never done anything like this before and will be needing so hand hold and about 500 questions answered. LOL yes I ask alot of questions.

So be on the look out for me lurking around. :cheers:

Hello from Texas

First Post To CNCzone, I have worked around metal all my life, from motorcycles/automobiles to offshore platforms. Currently into casting.Great forum! Looking forward to 2009 with ya'll.

reason for inactivity

My computer crashed and have been rebuilding all the lost information. And busy feed the wood stove, -25 deg F this AM!

Hello from Kentucky

Just starting building my router right after Christmas. Getting a lot of great info from this site and others. Going with the MDF and pipe idea on this first? machine. Looking forward to making it move.

Cool hello

hello from puerto rico,
    hola desde puerto rico

How do you start a new post on this site

How do you start a new post on this site
    It says read this thread or post all over the place on this site.
    Not one place does it say "POST NEW THREAD"
    HOW THE F**K IS THIS DONE????????????

Pleasure to be on the board with you all.
    I live in the infamous "snowy Buffalo", N.Y.
    Lookin at building a mill. I've got all the mechanics and stuff down but have big software and computer questions. If anybody could help me out and direct me to posts on this stuff for newbie's I'd appreciate it!

hey everybody, i'm new to this forum. I work with acrylic and just want to see what is being doen w/ engraving mostly. Looking forward to getting and maybe giving some tricks of this trade.

hello everyone. I am from Poland. My american language is'nt good. I work on the old machines: Finn-Power TP 2525, Behrens CB,etc. Anyway hi

Hello from Florida

I recently purchased an older supermax mill with an anilam control.
    Everything seems to work pretty well when programmed at the control,
    however I would like to send programs from my pc.
    If anyone could could help with any information such as the rs-232 cable pin configuration, aux codes and pc settings I would really appreciate it.
    you can email me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance.
    Mike

Hi, I just joined. I'm Marc and have been learning manual machining by trial and error. Lots of error. I started on a Tiag, then an X2 and 9x20 lathe. Put them a way for a few years but looking into CNC for hobbiest use. What a huge site this is!

Hello all
    My first post after lurking for a loong time! An attempted build of my own 3 axis router was going too slowly and I ended up buying the smallest HEIZ. It works pretty well and I'll attach a few pics of my first complex project soon.
    Regards
    Martin

Back - Frustrated - need advice

I joined this group awhile ago when I was researching CNC for a hobby project that I started 2 years ago and was in research phase. I am building a scale drivable tank - 3/5th M1 - 60% scale. No laughter please, I've had enough of that from all the stores around me.

Check out: www.youtube.com/gizmo4t video's, and yes, I'm a builder member on the www.scaledtanks.com website.

I gave up on building my own CNC machine after ordering the book's and manuals that others have put out as beyond my non-precision abilities and the look of "you need a cnc-machine to build a cnc-mahcine". I started looking at lathes, mills, and other pre-made cnc solution. Anyway, I'm stuck. and could really use advice, hence, why I've come back to this site. It seems that a cnc machine would be my best bet due to workshop space - I don't have room for a wood lathe, metal lathe, large drill press, router tables, planers, milling machines, etc etc.

Questions:
    1. some of the scale tank builders are using turbocad and a number of them are going to google sketchup. I have turbocad 14, should I stay with it, for CNC or is there a way to transfer google sketchup to CNC software? Both have learning curves, and I have enough to learn now - I'm an old man, new tricks come slowly.

2. I'm wanting to use a CNC setup for making all my jigs - which have to be perfect - so I can repeat many steps over again for things like the road wheels, swing arms, track links, etc. I was digging around all through this site and was wondering if someone could point me at a cnc type setup that I could build - buying is way too expensive!! hint, I was looking hard at the hossmachine x2freak setup.

I will be looking at machining, wood, plexiglass, aluminum and some steel. Maybe even making my own gears for the transmission on the tank? My largest jig is something like 2 feet by 2 feet. Normal would be more along the lines of something maybe 16 inch in diameter for the road wheels.

Alot of info, I know - just trying to trigger peoples thoughts.

Bill - Northern Virginia

Mark

Hi everyone,
    I just joined this forum. I've been a machinist in one form or another since 1968. 10 years with Caterpillar including an apprenticeship. Numerous job shops. Retired from Boeing after 20 years. I now have my own company where I specialize in Machine Control software for probes, toolsetters, and anything else that uses math or logic. Macros are my living!

I'll check this forum often to see if I can put in my 2 cents worth

Hello Folks.

Hello everyone.

I am brand new to the world of CNC machines I have just started a second job and we are having problems with our CNC machine.

I suppose there are no better place to learn than here where there are people who are passionate about their craft.

See you around.

Hello all,
    I'm a somewhat woodworker - hobby, not profession - and tinkerer, and may be interested in a cnc machine for sheet goods.

Page 71 of 422 2161697071727381121171