585,676 active members*
4,100 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 405 1231151101

Hybrid View

Welcome thread-tell us about you.

I was looking thru the list of users and was shocked to see that 3/5th or more of the members have ZERO posts.

I'd like to say WELCOME to all the new members, and to the old members that haven't posted.

I'd also like to extend an offer for you all to chime in and say hullo, mayhaps tell us what you do, how you're involved in CNC etc. We'd love to hear from you!!

(group)

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Rekd

I followed Jay and yourself over from the Mastercam forum.
    I am a Mastercam programmer,,,just chiming in.

Scott Bond
    "Show up and cut it"

MasterCam Forum?

Hey! I need a little help with a MasterCam post for a Haas. I have to go into the G-Code every time and fix things.
    I have looked at the post and it seems to be a simple txt file, but I cannot figure out how to alter things.
    Please point me in the right direction.
    Regards, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Hardway View Post
    Hi Rekd

I followed Jay and yourself over from the Mastercam forum.
    I am a Mastercam programmer,,,just chiming in.

Scott Bond
    ​"There is no such thing as a gun free zone."
    Ray Brandes, Ray-Vin.Com, PCB, FL 32408 USA

Hello, I am a new guy for cnc from Thailand.

At last, my intro

Hi there!!

I have neglected to post here for quite some time but feel as though it is important for the forum and didn't want to wait any longer.

My name is Travis and I am in charge of all the online marketing and sales for Kinetic Machining Services.

Here is a brief about the company:
    Kinetic Machining Services (KMS), established in 1993, is a full service supplier of high quality precision machined products. Our exceptional quality record and complete traceability are the result of thorough monitoring and documentation of production details. Of equal importance to quality is our commitment to meeting the delivery schedule. KMS considers it a privilege to provide a complete quality product in a timely and professional manner.

Thanks for your time.

Travis Modisette
    Kinetic Machining Services
    2796 Timberwood Way
    Pollock Pines, Ca 95726
    Phone: (530) 644-0537
    Fax: (530) 647-8743

Talking Hello from a Newbie

Hello All,

I came across CNC Zone after searching across the Web for info on DIY CNC. I like building things and recently started woodworking as a hobby and I hope to learn more about DIY CNC machines to assist with that.

I love the aspect that I can build a CNC machine myself.

I hope to learn as much as possible from the experienced folks here. Also, I am looking for recommendations for a starter CNC machine to attempt to build.

I am open to all recommendations or advice.

Cheers,

Vic from Virginia

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

brasileira, residente na italia estou no site para aprender.

I export the machines to Peru. I don't deal with programs.

Hello fine persons,
    My name is Ivan. I am a woodworker who has become obsessed with building my own super fantastic, ultra strong, amazingly accurate, and stupidly affordable CNC router. I NEED YOUR HELP!
    Talk amongst yourselves until I have questions, thanks.

Smile Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi all, I'm from Italy and I already start to use CNC with Alphacam... I home I'll find some help for using it correctly

Hello, I'm from Brasil, am electrical engineer. I make a cnc router to make pcb and guitar body.

Hi, I'm Gerry from the Netherlands. I already build two cnc machines which I use for my little business (making wooden letters and figures for primarily childrens bedrooms) I bought the black tooth laser from buildyourcnc which worked fine for two months. Having problems with the power units. Hope to learn from you guys and maybe give some advice to other newbies.

I would like some direction of how to hook up plasma cam with another program. any ideas?

Talking

Guess somebody gotta' make up for my blabberin'
    :cheers: Jim

Complete Newbie

Hi ya'll. Complete newbie to CNC. Just recently got interested in CNC milling/routing due to some youtube videos as well as some vids on the instructables website.

I'm thinking that a small desktop, dremel-based mill would be handy to have in the shop for my model-making. I'm interested in a complete DIY setup. And since I don't really know what I'm looking at, I don't want to spend a bunch of money up front only to find out this is really harder than it looks. :drowning:

I expect to be visiting/lurking here and posting a question or two as I learn enough to even be able to ask a question.....

Bill

New to the forum fund it while trying to do some research on an old ill at where I work.

I personally own an 8x12 HF lathe that i thought about making CNC when i get the extra cash. Was going to adapt the plans I got from a torrent site for a 7x10. Other than reading a little bit on CNC and some drawlings i have no CNC experiance.

I just stumbled on this thread today. I looked for it for a few days and thought there wasn't and introduction thread. Well I am a tootal noob to the CNC world. I have researched for home build information for a couple of months and have about 85% of my materials in the mail as we speak. Mechanically inclined Formally a draftsman for A mechanical firm back when Pens and pencils were the most common tools. I test software but I have not written any code so that has been a little daunting evey time I here the word G Code. Just about have my design laid flat, or it would be if i could decide on the size I want to build. But man I tell you The software and computer requirements is keeping up at night. So I decided to quit running around confusing myself and figured out I need to concentrae on building the "Unit" then get the PC figured out and work with the SW that fits the PC. So there you have it. And let me say one more thing about the SW......................HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jim

New to CNC builds

Hi,

I have just completed my first CNC build. I have a table top 3 axis machine with some KL motors and digital drivers, the break out board is a kl C-10, and my machine control is a Mach 3. It seems to be wired correctly everything on the steppers is green, or go, and I'm now configuring my Mach3..

Is there a configuration file I can just read into my Mach3?

I am new here and working hard to see that i improve my cnc machining.

Thank you for welcoming us.

i have seen a challenge of cutting on the rotary axis and would like to know how this can be done...

Hi All,
    I'm a CNC newbie and have just been absorbing some of the information in the "Zone". I'm designing my first CNC router and am trying to gleen ideas from some of the fine machines I've seen here!
    I have a question concerning the use of UHMWPE or delrin as a linear bearing (drilled and reamed to a class 2 running fit), is this possible, what might be a problem?
    Thanks for this forum, best wishes and no crashes to all!
    Later,
    Ed

Page 1 of 405 1231151101