584,814 active members*
5,393 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 422 1231151101

Welcome thread-tell us about you.

I was looking thru the list of users and was shocked to see that 3/5th or more of the members have ZERO posts.

I'd like to say WELCOME to all the new members, and to the old members that haven't posted.

I'd also like to extend an offer for you all to chime in and say hullo, mayhaps tell us what you do, how you're involved in CNC etc. We'd love to hear from you!!

(group)

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Rekd

I followed Jay and yourself over from the Mastercam forum.
    I am a Mastercam programmer,,,just chiming in.

Scott Bond
    "Show up and cut it"

Talking

Guess somebody gotta' make up for my blabberin'
    :cheers: Jim

Hi All,
    I'm a CNC newbie and have just been absorbing some of the information in the "Zone". I'm designing my first CNC router and am trying to gleen ideas from some of the fine machines I've seen here!
    I have a question concerning the use of UHMWPE or delrin as a linear bearing (drilled and reamed to a class 2 running fit), is this possible, what might be a problem?
    Thanks for this forum, best wishes and no crashes to all!
    Later,
    Ed

just a programming student now. Absorbing info when I can understand it.

Welcome......

Good to have you all here.
    Scott good to see you also.

Nice welcome wagon Rekd'

PEACE

in the planning stages at the moment brought some ballscrews and thk bearings and rails planing the layout at the moment

intend to build a small fixed gantry engraving ,carving mill
    using diamond burrs to use on glass , stone , etc

great site
    ken

From some of the PM's I get, it seems we have many "lurkers" who feel more comfortable "one on one". As long as we are having fun and maybe even learning a few things!

Eric
    I wish it wouldn't crash.

Hi All

I am an experienced CNC programmer proficient with MasterCam, Surfcam and have used others, I was an outcast from Crankys little forum. For wanting to share building ideas that used the rollerblade and black pipe desiigns he took this as a threat and promptly banned me just before he went private. I must give him the credit for motivating me to finish a machine. I had lost interest in. I spend a good bit of time here just watching the newbies evolve. The group has done a graet job motivating people keep up the good work. BTW Have a look at my website to see some of my work although needs to be updated
    www.freewebs.com/raysplace

Peace :-)
    Ray
    Learn from the mistakes of others you can't afford to make them all yourself!

That's a nice website.

Where did you get the plans for the controller board?

Rekd it may be like one individual just this week related to me about the Zone! Intimidation may have a large part to do with it.

The problem this particular individual had was that he felt that he was kinda being ingored because he has to come to believe this site is "just for professionals". I told him that the single largest forum on this site is used by folks that build their own cnc machines. Any suggestions as to how to get this fellow and all the non posters involved?

turmite
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Originally posted by turmite
    Rekd it may be like one individual just this week related to me about the Zone! Intimidation may have a large part to do with it.

The problem this particular individual had was that he felt that he was kinda being ingored because he has to come to believe this site is "just for professionals". I told him that the single largest forum on this site is used by folks that build their own cnc machines. Any suggestions as to how to get this fellow and all the non posters involved?

turmite
    Very good point! I'll think about it. Mayhaps something in the logo or title or somewhere insinuating that it's for Professionals and Beginners alike! A place to find answers and get different opinions.

Thanks for the tip

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Post Processor Files
    Share your post processor files here!
    --------------------------------------------------

Asking someone to give you a post will usually get you ignored, or flamed. And then there told have you check with you dealer and then try to figure out if you have copied software.

Its kind of a bait and switch thing going on.

Cool

I have only been here a short time and it seems that most of the traffic is with the hobbyists. As a machinist with 30 years experience it’s great to see what the nonprofessionals are doing. I learn something every time I stop here.

Gary

Hi, There. I'm a mastercam programmer making extrusion dies on vertical mills. Built a cnc router and have one on order from LIbertycnc also. Enjoying and learning from these sites. Would be very much interested if anyone here cuts out carbon electrodes with a router and how it works out for them! This place is a treasure trove of information. Thanks.

No Doubt about it - This 'zone has it all! Helpfull encouragement and a host of experts across the field. You can get a question answered on electronics, mechanics, programming, mill speeds, and even more esoteric ones too!
    Is it possible the "levels of achievement" , chip sweeper -master, apprentice, etc are a bit "off-putting"? I don't, maybe its intimidating to some?

Perhaps accept the range of participation as a reflection of the range of interests and experience on the site. Newbies ask questions when they're ready to, and have always gotten great assistance.

BUT - its always helpful to revisit, rewind, or refresh - its what keep this site alive! And encouraging participation is a GOOD thing!
    Thanks and
    :cheers: Jim
    PS - not yet even a chip sweeper really - just a noise maker!

Hi All

What A great site!!
    I am a CNC Programmer/machinist
    I want to build a CNC Router with a forth axis.
    So many of my questions are answered by reading the posts.

I will reply to CNC programming questions if asked.

I use SolidWorks, Delcam PowerMill , Visual Basic

Thanks to all on this site

I thought I'd add my cents in.... Just finished assembling a driver system with gecko 320's from Dan at camtronics, Hooked up the servo motors and ran a Spiral g-code on Mach2, watched the motors on the soft carpet twist and rock as they reversed to the signals. Now, while familiarizing myself with Bobcad, am waiting to get the Shoptask delivered and mount the motors.
    John
    Shoptask rebuild:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139
    Home built gantry router:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5049

Cool Answering the call to say "hullo"

Hi. David Hays here in the Pacific Northwest. I am only now planning my entry into CNC. I have been doing precision woodwork for years, and did production machine work many years ago ('66-'71).

I do computer work now for living, but am going to convert a Grizzly 1006 bench mill to CNC over the next year. I also have visions of building a 3' x 6' gantry-type router-based cnc system, but one step at a time.

For the present, I'm just gathering knowledge of tools and methodology by lurking in such places as this.

Gest Regards,

David

There's still 1,550 members lurking... :drowning:

Come out and play!!

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Page 1 of 422 1231151101