585,754 active members*
3,949 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 66 of 422 1656646566676876116166
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 8431

HI

Joined a couple of weeks ago. Have just started adding steppers to a Mill/Lathe. Hoping to have it going in the next couple of weeks. I will probably need some help along the way. I am new to CNC. I will be useing the Mill/Lathe to build underwater scooters.

Bought a mill...

Hello from central Vermont. I learned the art of machining while still in highschool pioneering a work coop program at a local aerospace machine shop. That lasted a year and a half and then I stayed with the company full time for a couple years (after one semester at a college in upstate NY). After working my around all departments of the shop I settled in CNC milling and worked as a set-up machinist for the last year I was there. Unfortunately the money wasn't there and I went back to college for Mechanical engineering and business. My senior project in mechanical was a complete retrofit of an IBM scanning microscope housing into a CNC drill for circuit boards. Two other guys and myself completed the project and to my knowledge it is still in use today by a Professor in the electrical engineering department of the college. After graduation and a short run at a design/cad job, I took up an offer to become a project manager for a construction company whom I worked for part time while in college and am still with them today. I have missed machining for the past six or so years have been threatening to buy a machine to start my small hobby shop. Last week I made my first purchase, a Supermax ymc-1 1/2VA. Nothing fancy but the machine is in great shape and I only paid $900 for it and it is ten years newer than the person selling it thought it was. I can't wait to power it up. If anyone has one of these machines I would love to know, especially if someone has a manual. New to forum type sites, looking forward to the wealth of knowledge and inovative ideas this site has to offer! -Jay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC zone.JPG  

Newbie from California

I'm a newbie, live in Northern California and I am looking to make a CNC machine. My interest is to make train car bodies, so I don't need lots of horsepower, just good detail accuracy.

Something like:

http://www.imwsrv.com/?gclid=COqA9Ja...dsQaYFA#rotary

would work if it were a bit longer (14 inch length).

I see stuff about JGRO - is there a FAQ about this?

Hello from So Cal. LA area, been interested in all things mechanical, electrical, electronic, starting at the young age of 5, took everything apart but couldn’t put it back together, lol. Learning all types of metal working from welding to machining since junior high school and still learning. Have a nice little garage shop, major equipment: Bridgeport series I with a ver drive head, Clausing lathe both powered by a ABB VFD, Airco AC/DC tig & Miller aluminum mig welders. Been using my skills making all kinds of animatronics for my hunted house I put up every year with over 200 liner feet of maze passages.
    Thanks for allowing me to participate in this forum and maybe throw in my two cents now and again.
    Last project: wall mount for my 67” Samsung DLP.
    Tallrs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung 67 DLP mount_1.JPG   Samsung 67 DLP mount_2.JPG   Samsung 67 DLP mount_3.JPG  

using proman

I've been working with promanufacture for about a year now and think it is fantastic. I'd read that its difficult to learn and especially not having any previous pro-e experience, but now that I get it i think its the best software to use.

secrets galore

Machinist by trade and choice ! I believe a CNC is a CNC if it can be controlled anyone can control it I mean it ain't rocket science. I enjoy electronics, family, sharing, and don't forget programming no matter the language. I hope to learn from you all and teach you too.
    TY Coder4Life

Hello all,
    First post. I went looking for info on mills and lathes. I found this place when I was considering adding CNC. I've never had formal training and haved depended on machinist for anything I couldn't do by hand. Now I need to buy my own equipment on a limited budget and learn to use it. I've not posted before because I was busy reading and still am. The site is a gold mine of useful information.
    We need patriots to represent us as statemen, not politicians to control us like subjects!-Eric

Hello fellow CNC enthusiasts! I operate a woodworking shop in Granby, Canada. We use CNC technology for cutting parts for Adirondack chairs, wooden air vents, carved signs and lots more. When I started out, I'd had only some experience in graphic design and layout, but having worked with CNC, my desire to learn and ability to create has increased dramatically. Please feel free to check out our site. Thanks.

www.miss-cupola.com

Hi my name is Sitg . im 39 years old an liv in the south east part of Norway .
    I',m about to embark on my first CNC atdventure and i'm looking forward to make my own cnc mill .

i Work at a factory and my spare time is used on my 6 ferrets , computers and friends .

The goal for this project besides haveing fun building it is to make money enought to build more cnc equipment..

Hi from Geneva, Switzerland. I new, just reggistered and would be willing to learn and enjoy DIY CNC stuffs. Hope comunity will help me, since I do not have an exprience in this field at all

Wink Ok, I finally am saying hey!

I have been to this site for quite some time now. How long, geez can't really recall that. So my excuse is: Actually I am OVER 50 hehe.. and have CRS(Can't Remember ****). But g-code and cnc lathes I live by. This guy is very lucky to have been roughly trained by old school crusties in the 70's on hand machines of all types. The kiddies now a days that push buttons are highly over rated. No offense to you guys though, that is what this industry has done to you.
    CncZone has educated me on so many levels,my main interest in coming here was to learn about cnc routers. What a huge resource this website has been and will continue to be for all those that can read and enjoy this fine place.
    Having been strapped for cash like so many of you, I bit the bullet(.44 hollow point) and made my decision and bought the Imserv 12 x 12 x 4 cnc router.
    I am so happy with this work of art it is unreal!! The safety built into this was nerve racking but I have decided it was worth all the $2,200.00 I paid for it.
    I did take my time and still am. Being a two axis lathe programmer is a stark kick in the ass for me. But do-able at this point. I spend so much time on this little machine that my weekends are flying bye bye. My work weeks are more enjoyable because this is all I am thinking about while being paid to run a Hardinge T-51 and helping out younger guys.
    My other hobbies include riding my 2002-Honda VTX1800-C, btw a dream machine and Harley eater..hehe....Not that I don't love Harlies but they are way to over priced. That's a fact. At 16 I re-built a 1947 flathead rigid frame
    80 c.i. that I would kill to have back, but that was a trade for my first car. Old chevies are alot of fun, it was a 1958 Belair 4 door with a 348 c.i. motor with three dueces all stock. Damn fun. Except for the fact that lead used to build up in the carb closest to the firewall.
    I live in Phx. AZ and have been here since 1960 something. Poor old Cow town ain't the same any more. With so many liberal folks coming here from the east and west coast they have really put a nasty smell to what this great city was.
    My life is the best it has ever been, thanks to my "new" wife of I think 4 years or so. WE have kids and grandkids and hope to teach them all g-code rather than html or css dribble.
    Thanks again to CncZone and all you good people that come here. I have been to alt.machine.cnc or whatever in usenet and gave it up. That place if full of top heavy jerks with phd's in butt crack. Of coarse just my opinion.
    Although gunner and a few others are a few right on dudes.
    So for now I am lifting my "guilt" and letting you all know who want to learn and enjoy other people's love of this trade we all help each other without even knowing it just by being here and READING!!!
    Tanx, trampus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Harley Davidson::::: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the side effect of creating horsepower.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trampus_icon.jpg  
    tramping on thru....

Hello I'm a newbie

Hello all my name is Mike and new to this whole great world of CNC. I have a
    X2 mini mill and am just starting a converion to CNC. I have order the cnc fusion #4 kit. I will be ordering a controller plug and play from xelotex (spelling sucks sorry) with the 425 oz stepper motors. Is there any post that go over "A" how to config/setup this. Also what software works with Mach 3. I have used a cad type software before from a company called if i remember right E machine shop they have there own basic (Cad) drawing software so you can send in your design and get price quotes. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. On the first steps to get started when all the parts come in. Thank you so much and it's nice meeting everyone here.

Thanks again, Mike

New on the site....

Hello all....

I am co-owner of a jobshop and am primarily responsible for the engineering and programming of the jobs for the CNC machines. I do all the engineering in Solidworks and program in Surfcam Vel. 3. I also sub-contract programming for other shops. We have 2 Fadals and 1 Cincy Arrow VMC's as well as a Wasino turning center among other equipment. Looking forward to seeing what other people are doing....

Jason S

Hi mike2768, welcome to the board, you,ll need a cam program to run generate the code, mach3 has lazycam but you can try others, cambam is a good one for the price and there are others, if you have loads of money try mastercam or such, thers loads of cam programs. to set things up mach3 has tutorials so watch those, there a big help.for cad try alibrexpress, its free and if you like they have higher versions. good to learn from. have fun. Graham

Hello, I'm from Skopje, Macedonia. Programing CNC is my primary job and I think here is the best place to learn and share ideas.

new dude

hello I have been following this site for awhile.
    Excellent is the least I can say.
    Looking for info on cnc milling disc's from thin gauge S/S, 16 ga
    Tried a .188 carbide 2 flute at 1500 and 2 fpm, got r done, but the tool took a beating.
    Any suggestions?

Hi, I'm Tryg from Ireland and I signed up as I am interested in learning about CNC and machining. I realise that there may be many seasoned pro's that may not want their forum cluttered but I may have other knowledge and experience to offer. I hope to build a CNC machine but want to learn before I get out my tools. I hope to enjoy my time here.

just a 51 yrs fellow who's interested in cnc. have manual machines just now but maybe if i'm around long enough, who knows? tommie

been lurking...Just joined..

Hi All,
    I've been viewing the site for several months.. Finally took the time to join.. I hope I have something to share. I know there is alot I can learn.

Hello everybody

Hello all,

My name is Jeff, I live near Raleigh, NC and have just completed my first cnc router machine. The idea came about as I was down with a bad back for the last week and a half and needed to do something to keep from going insane. Started reading up on diy cnc and decided to give it a go. Been wanting one for a long time and had all the tools needed as I have been a carpenter/ woodworker/ remodeler for nearly 25 years. Took a nasty fall several years ago (gravity won that round) and i've been looking for something I can do from my shop. The wife will be happy to see me working on the ground as well.

Thought I would join the best cnc forum I could find as I'm going to have alot of questions and hopefully a few answers as well.

Jeff

Page 66 of 422 1656646566676876116166