584,861 active members*
4,829 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 414 of 422 314364404412413414415416
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi All I am a hobbyist trying learn about building small 4 axis router system to build small woodworking parts and tie in a 3D printer. Just here to learn as much as I can'

Chuck

New Member from Switzerland testing Industrial Mechanic including working on Lathe modifying Hardened Tools.. on the weekends i started to do my own works.
    So i bought a Self Builded CNC from a guy (A professional Machine is now out of question, due to the costs) programming with Mach3,Solidcam and Drawings on Solidworks.

im looking to get ideas from this forum..

Just a programming engineer now. Try to learn something new here.

Hello everyone, I'm a sales from HSG Laser, hope to learn more here.
    and if you are interested in our machines, maybe we can have a talk!

I am thinking about building some custom bumpers and currently assembling my first CNC plasma cutter. This is just a hobby for me.

Hi all,

Damien from Australia here. I just purchased my first CNC machine (ebay 3020 4axis) and am keen to start mastering the steep, and seemingly endless, learning curve of CNC'ing.

Looking to build small aluminium molds with my 3020 to use in my homemade injection molding machine.

home builder in Austin Texas looking to expand what we can do ourselves by building a cnc machine of our own...

Personally, I built a small laminated wood CNC eight years ago. Last year by Craciun, Santa Claus brought me a metallic CNC machine, Kompass 1000. Generally, I made printed circuits for electronics on both, but also a few small objects made of plastic, wood and corian.
    Good luck to everyone.

Hi, we are a profesional manufacturer for fiber laser cutting machine

Hi,

My husband and I are have been working with sublimation and laser engraving for a while, and have decided to jump (head first) into the CNC world. I'm reading and observing as much as I can to understand the machining world. It's fun and exciting. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here. If I don't screw them up too badly, I'll post a few pics of completed projects.

Kim

Built my first CNC between March and August of this year. Have NEVER built anything like this before. Know NOTHING about electronics. Basically I used the old JGRO blueprints and got it put together pretty easily. I've been practicing using the device and getting better and better at it. Bought Mach 3 to control everything. Main two problems I'm having are...

1. I keep breaking motor couplings. Especially the Z drive if I use the spring based coupling, it slowly extends over time and ends up twisting up. If I use the kind with the "teeth" that slide together, it starts sliding apart and eventually just falls. trying to figure out what to do on this one. Thinking Z axis assembly may be too heavy made out of MDF, may try building one out of aluminum.
    2. Every once in a while, for no reason, one of the axis will start going in the same direction no matter what direction single you send it. Have ruined so many pieces because of this, and it's driving me crazy. Not persistent, just out of the blue, and then it's all fine for a week or so.

Any guidance is appreciated!!

Ken Connally

Hey Ken,
    Aluminum z holder would be a lot better than MDF. I know what your talking with the screw couplings. I ruined one myself when the z buried in the wood. As for the axis, are you running individual drivers or are they built onto one board? USB or Parallel? If they are individual, most likely they are overheating. I had the same problem on mine. What I did was take an old computer case with a front fan. Gut the case, and bolt all your electronics in that. Keep the power supply from the case as you will need this for the fan. Also, you can use the power supply from the case to power your boards. The power supply will supply 24 volts DC, just do a google for computer power supply outputs. Take the +12 (red wire) and the -12 (blue wire) and you can run a spindle off it or your electronics. Welcome to the world of CNC.

Hi,
    I'm new to the CNC router world. No previous experience at all, not even with software. I'm looking to buy a CNC router by January and I wanted advice on my purchase. It will be for a hobby/possible small business. Interested in making signs, small furniture, home decor etc. My budget is going to be around $4,000. I prefer a larger bed size maybe 4x4, and prefer easy as possible software as I am just starting out. Thanks in advance

Hi all. New member/old guy here. Looking to start a small business from my home as I'll be 60 soon and my retirement plan basically consists of dropping dead at my current job. I just received my Carbide3D Nomad which is sitting in a box on the living room floor. We are converting the guest room into a small work/office this week and the Nomad is my first machine. Since it is in my living quarters, which I rent and also has to double as an occasional guest room I opted for the Nomad to test the waters. It has a small footprint, seems reasonably quiet and is enclosed. Let's see how it goes.

I joined the forums here to learn what I could and maybe try out some of the test files I see people have posted.

All the best,

Burt

Hey there. I am a hobbyist machine engineer looking for additional information, useful threads, some questions to be advised, some things to build/repair/maintain/design.
    Just a little extra curious about cnc machining with all details, components and ideas in general.

Looking forward,

New to CNC forum and planning to make a cnc router/milling for acrylic cutting. There are tons of information in the Internet. Really confused on where to start...

And yes, I want to build a platform for 4 foot x 3 foot area. Cutting area would be approximately 45" x 33". I currently get all my acrylic works cut in laser from a laser cutting shop. Wanted to build a cnc router/milling so that I can do at my own wish and time.

Hi!!!! I found this website looking for DIY plasma tables. Glad I did. This is a hobby for me that I do in my garage on my off days from work. I've built an entire garage gym for myself and son in college. I just like building "stuff" as my wife says. I want a Plasma cutter and I want to build my own table for it, just doing a ton of reading and researching. Just not sure when I will start it, Im suppose to go to Saudi Arabia next year to work, so if that happens It will be put on the back burner for at least 2 years. But I will still read as much as possible and buy what I need little by little.

Thanks

Hi Folks,

he1957 is the ID. Been lurking around for a number of years but have been dormant for a long time. Recently semi-retired and am looking to use my new 1200x2400x250mm table to make stuff for a hobby income. Always found this forum extremely useful in the past when I converted a Sieg Super X3 to CNC but never had much time to use it because my ex Job kept getting in the way. Now for some serious fun!

Cheers,

HarryE.

Hi all. New member, although not entirely new to the world of CNC machining - I ran a CAD/CAM facility for a university for a few years, and have now moved into the private sector, working for a company as one fo their CNC engineers. I'm also a keen hobbyist, and have a machine collection that I'm rightly smug about - two 3D printers (a Delta-style FDM and a DLP), a 75-*500mm 60W laser cutter, a 3020CNC router, a vinyl cutter, and a lathe and mill that I've just bought the electronics to perform a full CNC conversion on. Expect to see me asking many questions about controller setups and answering anything that I can about what I do know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
    I was looking thru the list of users and was shocked to see that 3/5th or more of the members have ZERO posts.

I'd like to say WELCOME to all the new members, and to the old members that haven't posted.

I'd also like to extend an offer for you all to chime in and say hullo, mayhaps tell us what you do, how you're involved in CNC etc. We'd love to hear from you!!

(group)

'Rekd
    Welcome

Page 414 of 422 314364404412413414415416