585,715 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 228 of 422 128178218226227228229230238278328
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Been in the trade since 87' I've worked on some very interesting projects. Probably the most interesting was for the NASA Mars Science Lab " Curiosity" We were involved in making many of the Actuator housings and internal components for the Mast-cam, Robotic arm and the Actuator housings for the drive for the wheels. All of which were complex 5-axis parts out of titanium.

Hi all, I'm Nima fom Iran. Electronic eng at UPVC Profiles production lines . I starting to build cnc router for wood plates.

Welcome thread-tell us about you. I have recently bought a Bridgeport Interact series

Hi my name is Martin from Worcestershire in the Uk. I have recently bought a Bridgeport Interact series 1 TNC145 for £250. I found this site whilst looking for a parameter list which I'm still after. I am an electronics engineer by trade, the last cnc mill I used was at college and ran with
    paper tape so this will be a steep learning curve!

Hi All, I have been in this trade since 87' I've worked with all kinds of material from plastics, Aluminum, titanium, tool steels ect... I've always been involved in HIGH precision work. From vertical milling, full 5 axis, mill/turn, Wire Edm, Sink Edm, Surface grinding and jig grinding.

We are involved with Aerospace, medical and Semi-conductor Industries.

Thanks,

Hi All, I have been in this trade since 90
    j cesar

Hello Everyone,
    Glad to be a part of the group. Been using CNC equipment from 93 to present. Most of my background is in manual machining of metals. I am thinking about building (buying if have to) a small mill for my home. Would be cutting alot of Aluminum and plastics. Any suggestions? Was looking at CNC Masters Max table top but think I want to build my own. Thanks

Thanks for the invite. Just purchased a Chinese CNC on ebay and setting it up. Worked in metal trades for many years and my hobby is woodworking but am new to CNC. Looking forward to the challenge.

Hello. I have worked for a stone quarrier/fabricator since 2000, and I have been involved with the CNC side of things since 2005. The CNC's are used for large cubic building and structural work. We don't make counter tops!

Hi all. I'm a newbie,,want to learn and grow with the whole CNC world

Hey guys,
    Newb to the site, but not to CNC type things. I'm here to do some research on different boards right now, before attempting a build using 8020 and steppers.

newbie here

Hey all,
    Totally a newbie here but work in a machine shop/ nuclear pump repair facility. I have been on the fence for awhile now about building a machine. I am totally interested but are mid stream on other projects. Just getting started with my research, so more to follow.

Hey guys im a design student, wanting to learn more about the CNC world.

Hello. I am new to the cnc world. I have a basic Chinese "steam tools" machine shop and some basic sheet metal tools. I added a 3D printer to the mix a year ago and two weeks ago I purchased an inexpensive Chinese 40w type laser engraver/cutter. It's hard to believe what It is capable of doing and I am just learning. This is a very good basic machine at under $500 delivered unlike what many have said. But moving on I found that immediately adding an ABS air nozzle (I downloaded for the 3D printer from thingiverse) and alignment was needed and then the really hard part: The software! That is exactly what everyone says. Cumbersome, missing many important tools, locked down, just not intuitive at all. Mine is LaserDRW and it probably is better than Moshidraw but that's not saying much! I know "if I know so much I should write the software" yes but come on, no eraser? Really? Anyway I have figured out tricks to get what I want out of this program before I eventually move on. Here is a trick: Make up a white board area on your design with a bunch of black holes on it of various sizes, also make a black board with white holes. Those holes are your "add ons" and "erasers". Ugg! Don't forget to delete the black and white boards before sending the job to the laser! Well that's where I'm at right now.

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you. I have recently bought a Bridgeport Interact se

Hello, Hope to learn more. I work in the renewable energy Field doing Civil 3D design. I do wood working in my spare time with my Father and we have just purchased a Shapeoko 2 CNC. There is going to be a huge learning curve her and I hope to learn fast. I find it easier to learn by doing. Reading how to do something does not always make sense. Thanks.

Hi All, I'm an electrical engineer and just getting into CNC. I have broad skills: wood working, metalworking, welding, light machining, but no NC experience, so I'm here to learn. Preparing to build a machine to handle 4'x8' sheet stock, and I'm doing this for the journey as much as to reach the destination. Looking forward!

Hi, there.

I'm a hobbyist and tinkerer. Did some G code programming in jr. college machine shop class that I took just for fun. Hobbies include metalworking (mill/lathe/welding), woodworking, bass guitar and guitar.

Hello,

I'm a new owner of an older HAAS VF-4. I've done some machining and fabrication over the years but this is my first CNC. Working on a new product and building some tooling and cutting parts in steel and aluminum. That's been going well but having some learning curve problems with getting the larger programs using DNC to run properly.

Hi everyone;
    I work full time programming, setting-up and operating mostly Haas VMC's. Out of trade school a couple years now, looking to learn more and help out where I can.

Hello, I just joined this group as I have taken a new role with a company (Chemical Methods, Inc; Industrial Metal Cleaners for Tube Mills and Tunnel Washer, Tube Mill Coolant, Zinc Phosphate / Iron Phosphate, Synthetic Lubricants and Coolants, Surface Treatment Chemicals, Metal Working Fluids, Water Treatment Chemicals, Laser Scale) that sells chemicals to the metalworking community. I'm looking to learn more about the different needs and uses for CNC applications. We currently have Plasma Quench, and laser descale products, among others. Let me know if you have an interesting chemical challenge. Thanks,

Page 228 of 422 128178218226227228229230238278328