585,708 active members*
3,731 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 12 of 422 210111213142262112
    Just a Oilfield manual machnist here in oklahoma,, Just started CNC and CAD/CAM at the local votech. Looking into building my own mini cnc(build cost ect). Also here to learn as much as I can

Newbie, first post. I've been looking around but still haven't really gotten my bearings....
    My main reason for getting on here is a 1989 traub cnc lathe with live tooling. While I have over 20 years in cnc, this machine is my limit! I would like to find the proper place here to ask some inane questions of anyone who knows anything about this machine, or traub in general. Thanks so much for the welcome! I will be around a lot now that I've found this forum.

Chipsweeper, I also am in OK, work in OKC, live near prague. I am building a shop, and would be happy to correspond with anyone learning the trade. My e-mail addr. is [email protected]

Stumbled on this site while questing for knowledge. Good find indeed.
    I want unlearn most everything I know about CNC, and learn again properly.

Having used a CNC router for 9 years in my trade (making signs) I have determined that equipment and software marketed to the sign industry shields the end users from having to know much of anything at all.

My mission here will be to soak up as much as I can and hopefully meet a willing mentor.

Hello there
    I am a Medical doctor with a very keen interest in Metalworking. I have been getting vintage vehicle body parts made here in Pakistan by had and then exporting them to the US,Canada and Europe (Small time). I was reffered to this forum some time ago and have been learning from the members. I am already planning to get a simple CNC machine built (to begin with) that would help me atmy work..
    Ehsan

Hey Eshan, reconize you from the Pirate board. Welcome.

What Eshan and his friends can do with hardly anything but a lot of skill is amazing.

Later,
    Dave

Thanks... I dont know how relevant the hand made stuff would be here but I hope I can contribute and learn.
    Ehsan

hiya, i'm in brisbane australia (for now) and am currently an apprentice (so my member title seems so true hehe)...i have worked on Okuma 10 pallet machining centers, okuma CNC lathe, Mazac and fanuc (sp?) controlled lathes and machining centers though no programming...mostly running and adjusting and setups. Though i have been setting up, programming a hankook CNC lathe at the place i'm at now in basic conversational programming (g code stuff would confuse the heck outta me).

also do alot of manuel lathe and CNC work and learning welding (tig, mig and oxy)...hoping to use this in possibly moving to the US of A!!! :cheers:
    - Robert.

"I'm not the callow youth of yesteryear. I'm a man of
    steel, honed on the handle of life." - Ken Morley.

Hello,
    I am near Tulsa, Oklahoma. I am operating a Flow 5axis Abrasive Waterjet. I cut my CNC teeth on a LeBlond Makino MC40, FNC74, and MC1210. I enjoy machining.

Hello any and all ! I'm a cnc lathe man now for 25 yrs. been a wrench all my life and a hobbiest, engineer when i need something and i suppose that make me a jack of whatever except i'm Don. I found this website by accident after being led to another site looking for insight on the eldorado shop task, i was within minuits of buying one, but decided not to. I saw Industrial hobbies add, looked, paid my cash, and waited for my dream to be fullfilled. Now the machine is in my shop and i have been laboring steadily on the table with full suround to house it. Since i came here, i've read lots, scanned most, and left my mark little ! I did post pics in the tormak table looks good let build one link. Know who i am yet ? neither do I ! I must say, this sight is one good one full of some very bright folk and I WANNA MAKE MY OWN DARNEN CHIPS !
    Don
    IH v-3 early model owner

I'm in Kamloops British Columbia Canada. I've now built an Industrial Hobbies mill and am completing (just have limits and wiring) a servo driven Taig mini-mill for my employer. I did go to school to do this (TRU Computerized Manufacturing Technology). This site has been very interesting and often helpful. Thanks
    James

Im in Ireland. Want to start a workshop next year and found this site while looking for equipment. Didn't realise how much of a noob I was at first! I lurked for a few weeks...then I posted sooooo soooo many questions in different forums. I've learned so much in the past few months and theres just so much advice and experience available on everything. Strangely I only saw this thread today. Read as far as page 13, will continue l8r.

Help with turbocnc

Hi All, I am new to cnc and i am building a small cnc vertical mill to play around with.
    I am using turbocnc and i am having trouble configuring the calibration of the program to match my slides.
    Does anyone out there know how to calibrate this program please.
    I am in the UK 50 miles from London so the timings of my emails may be wrong.
    Thanks for reading this and i would welcome a reply at your convenience.
    Regards
    Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd
    I was looking thru the list of users and was shocked to see that 3/5th or more of the members have ZERO posts.

I'd like to say WELCOME to all the new members, and to the old members that haven't posted.

I'd also like to extend an offer for you all to chime in and say hullo, mayhaps tell us what you do, how you're involved in CNC etc. We'd love to hear from you!!

(group)

'Rekd

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd
    I was looking thru the list of users and was shocked to see that 3/5th or more of the members have ZERO posts.

I'd like to say WELCOME to all the new members, and to the old members that haven't posted.

I'd also like to extend an offer for you all to chime in and say hullo, mayhaps tell us what you do, how you're involved in CNC etc. We'd love to hear from you!!

(group)

'Rekd
    I am a new member in the uk.
    I also still finding my way around your site, Is there a WANTED in classified ads?
    I joined because I have a Bridgeport Interact 1 series 1 Vertical mill which after spending about £2,000 on it and making 3 phase converter worked for 1 day. As I didn't know how to opperate it yet, I had a friend who works on one come and do a small profiling program with some centre drilling in it. This proved the machine was finaly working. so I fitted anti-splash plexi-glass cabinet & new Coolant nossle. When I hit the limit on -Y fast traverse and had to wind it back off the limit by turning the belt by hand. When power restored TNC145 VDU was blank appart from flash on power off , NO 'POWER INTERRUPTED' on the display and X,Y&Z displays impossibly high, display over numeric pad corrupted characters and 'CE' button does nothing.
    Heidenhain weren't interested, obsolete but refused to supply circuit.
    SO, DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SCHEMATIC CIRCUIT OF INSIDEs of TNC145 controller, or an old TNC145/st controller ?
    I would appreciate any helpful advice.
    thankyou
    Ken

Hello,
    I am a new member and found the site as the result of a Google search for info on a Fadal. I am currently a manufacturing engineer at Lectrosonics, Inc. (www.lectrosonics.com) but was a machinist at Lectro for the past 18 years. We started out with a Partner III Milltronics CNC in the late 80's when I started out. Anyhow, we now have 2 Fadal VMC4020's, a Kira VTC30b and 2 Bridgeport V2XT's. Sheetmetal area has a 2kW Amada CNC laser and Amada CNC pressbrake.
    In my home shop, I'm running a Mori Seiki TV30 VMC.

This is my first post but I have read many already.

Robert

O.K. guys, we are just hitting 34,000 members, get posting! :stickpoke
    Crashing Sucks!
    www.reliancemachine.com

well there are 15 pgs of replies and i havent read them all so this has prob been said already.

Having said that, my initial impresion was that this forum was mostly hobbyist or home built focused. Most of the posts i find when searching for a particular subject usually seem to swing that way. somtimes seems like i really have to dig to find the info that i am looking for. It causes me to hesistate to post my question here thinking that i might get a response quicker and more realavent on "another forum".

i guess a good way to fix that would be for me to start posting questions here.

Hello to All,

I'm just here to learn... I was a machine tool service tech. (okuma, stripit, motoman & fanuc, vickers and dynapath controlled equipment) that was demoted into sales a few years back. Now, I own a small sales company offering new and used metal working machine tools…

CNC Zone, allows me to have more tools to help my customer. Thanks' for having me.

"Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success." - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Respectfully,
    JR Walcott
    Georgia Machine Tool Resources, LLC

Cool

Just bought a X2 and going to convert it to CNC. This looks like one of the best places to get info to figure out how I want to do it.

Thanks to all the people that post their info, so that others can enjoy many bits of wisdom.

Hello,

I found cnczone while looking for info on Taig. I am planning to open a small precision prototyping shop, with capacity to do limited initial product runs. I have exerience with the whole process of going from cad/cam to gcode/cnc, however I have very limited hands-on with the machines themselves as this was normally handled by a "real" machinist.

The amount of information compiled here is a great help. Hopefully I can contribute as much as I am benefitting.

Page 12 of 422 210111213142262112