585,894 active members*
5,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Wire color code HP laserjet II steppers

Wire color code HP laserjet II steppers

I have started gathering up parts to build my first machine. I have salvaged three steppermotors out of some broken old HP laserjet printers. So does anyone have handy the wire color to which coils etc. 23LM-C701-01 and KP56QM2-001. Someones post a few weeks ago said they are all the same. Ok so I'm building my first machine on the cheap.

Wire color code HP laserjet II/IID, III/IIID steppers

I'm working on a quick data sheet for these motors (since I couldn't find one anywhere). I'll post it with photos as soon as I locate the digital camera that my wife wandered off with. In the mean time, here's a simple wiring diagram showing the color code and motor drive signals. Color codes and drive signals were determined from examining an actual motor, motor driver/translator circuitry on the DC Power Supply Assy., and the HP LaserJet Service Manuals (I'm an HP Authorized Repair Technician). I hope it's not too late for your project. Either way, I'm sure someone else will benefit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RH7-1048-000CN Wiring Diagram.bmp  

Lightbulb HP LaserJet II/IID III/IIID Main Motor Data Sheet

Here's a data sheet that I cobbled together for stepper motors found in HP LaserJet II/IID III/IIID printers. These printers used either a Japan Servo Co., Ltd. KP56QM2-001 or MINEBEA Co., Inc. - ASTROSYN 23LM-C701-01 unipolar stepper motor (HP P/N: RH7-1048-000CN). See attached data sheet in PDF format for details and pictures.
    Attached Files Attached Files

How can you test them with a power suplly? what wires do you connect ti pos. and neg.?