585,754 active members*
3,807 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile lead or ballscrew length

Just picked up a gantry style router table at a yard sale for a great price $50.00 everything is there except the leadscrew for the x axis, the x axis is a total of 51 1/2 "-- 50" inside to inside. there two alum. blocks with bearing bolted to the inside of each end plates with .3125 ID bearings. what size lead or ballscrew should i use and where can I get them with machined ends.

You lucky dog, would love to see some pictures of it. Does it look homemade or commercially made. Is there a nut left there for the x-axis. Is there a screw for the y-axis, you could use the same size and pitch as the y-axis.
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.

Its home made out extruded alum.t-slot by 80/20 found the recipt with hdpe for y-axis end plates and gantry sides, gandtry and y&z-axis slide on the t-slot rails, the y has a ballscrew by lintech 1/2" 5revs/in looked it up by part # did not see part # on Z, has hobbycnc kit with 3 200in/on. stepper motor, I just need the screw for that X axis there was no nut for the x axis could see where it was bolted on,it had a three hole mounting flange