585,981 active members*
4,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Maho MH 800 P

Hi,

I am currently looking at buying a Maho 800P (i believe early 80's vintage or even late 70's) and was hoping for some information. From what i can tell is that its an early model with effectively only a Heidenhain DRO and auto feeds on the controller.

My main question is how are the auto feeds controlled. i know that this model has no cnc capability but are the axies controlled through separate servo drives, meaning that it shares much of the same design as the later cnc variants but with no controller, or is it more like a converted manual mill with a single motor through a electronic controlled gearbox?

I currently have no access to the machine to check these basic things and i want to know what to expect when when i do get the chance to see it.

I have found very little info on these mills, any info or manuals from any of the P or W series mill would be helpful.

Thanks,

Neil

The Mhx00P I know, have a single Axis CNC-Controller (sorry, I don't know the correct word in english), HH 120 or similiar . With this, you can only control one axe, after that, the next.....
    The Machine have one servomotor for all axes, which is clutched to the axe if needed. In principle the same, as with the manual Machines with a Servocontrolled motor. But you can run a simple program, in which each axe runs separately. Also first X to the desired point, then Y, after that Z. and so on.