585,715 active members*
3,837 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCAM 8 Updates Not Working?

SprutCAM 8 Updates Not Working?

Is anyone else having problems getting SC8 to update? My last successful update was in September. Since then, when I press "Update" I get the "SprutCAM Updater Running" message, the little gizmo in the lower right corner goes round and round, but nothing else happens. I've even left SC running for the better part of a day, thinking it needed more time to do its thing, but that hasn't helped.

Just wondered if anyone else was seeing this.

Oh yeah, "Help" doesn't work either.

I haven't tried the built in SC8 update yet as I've yet to switch over completely from SC7. Dave on the UK support suggests upgrading SC8 from a link that he posted there, rather than using the built-in update facility. You might try that and see if you have better luck.

Sname.dll error since last update - SprutCAM forum

Mike

Something magical happens near the 8.2.0.68100 upgrade, I was told by my rep that in order to upgrade past this point you needed to grab a new file and reinstall the whole thing (something in the upgrade itself renders the internal upgrade feature useless). It appears that after you do this the internal upgrade feature will continue to work again.

I never got that far, attempting to do this corrupted my SprutCAM to the point that I had to do a reinstall with the support of my rep. He was very helpful and got me up and running again but I am currently held at 8.1.something.

It would be great if someone could get past this barrier and explain how they got there.

I used the link in Mike Henry's post (Thanks, Mike) to update successfully. I'll wait to see if the built-in update feature works now.