585,729 active members*
5,003 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > G540 with an Ethernet Smooth Stepper

G540 with an Ethernet Smooth Stepper

Here are pictures of my latest case that uses the Ethernet SS. The ESS is really nice and it performs well with the G540. The G540 are awesome by them selves but the added features of the ESS make it even better. I have built a few now with 6 axis using a G540 and 2 G251. Other versions were 5 axis with a G251 and a separate connector for a VFD and one for the input and output pins.
    Dan Mauch
    Camtronics, inc. -- CNC with Dan Mauch
    I only use awesome GeckoDrives in my products.

Just curious - do you fabricate your front and rear panels on your milling machine or by some other method?

I machine the front and rear panels on my milling machine.
    Dan Mauch

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
    Just curious - do you fabricate your front and rear panels on your milling machine or by some other method?

Don't take this the wrong way but.... Nice package!

G540 ESS

I see your G540 w/ESS in your website. What optimum size motor for this package?

It depends on several factors. Mainly the type of drive mechanism and the type of machining. For most Taig and sherline I recommend the 270 oz in motors. For X1/X2 and other mini mills the 380 oz in mtrs. And for full size mill drills I recommend the 465 oz in nema 34 mtrs.
    Dan

I got an email from cnczone from someone that said the G540 ESS wasn't on my web site. Here is the link to my web site.

Re: G540 with an Ethernet Smooth Stepper

Quote Originally Posted by dmauch View Post
    I got an email from cnczone from someone that said the G540 ESS wasn't on my web site. Here is the link to my web site.

hello dmauch,
    I want to buy this G540 + ESS control, but I'm not Expert and that is why I have some questions:

I want to buy a machine from china with this control system, for it gives me the option to purchase and I ship to China and they installed. regarding the configuration of the machine they have to send some parameters ?, or just have to connect the PC by ethernet and that's it?

I'm not sure I understand your question.Do you mean you want to purchase the g540+ESS system and then ship it to china for them to install it?
    Dan
    Camtronics, inc. -- CNC with Dan Mauch.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Peruanzon View Post
    hello dmauch,
    I want to buy this G540 + ESS control, but I'm not Expert and that is why I have some questions:

I want to buy a machine from china with this control system, for it gives me the option to purchase and I ship to China and they installed. regarding the configuration of the machine they have to send some parameters ?, or just have to connect the PC by ethernet and that's it?

sorry for my very bad English, you have reason to send to China.

They have no experience installing this control system, so they need the manuals.

My concern is to know whether the machine will work perfectly or is better to use control system from China, as Weihong or syntec?

You would run into several problem with shipping my controls to China. First, China would tax the importing of the control. Second my controls are virtually plug and play. They would have to set up a computer to test it and I doubt they would do that.
    Sorry
    Dan