Hello!

Colegue has a problem with Hurco BMC30, machine holds on start-up.

Machine worked without any problems until someone tried to change the language from german to english. After that the service guy came and said that there is problem with the disc and that he can't solve the problem. Only good thing was that he gave us two diskettes with software and some papers from some sort of manual on how to set up the software. The diskettes contain following files:
- EXECPROG (without extension?)
- HURCO.LDR
- LEAD_DE.LAN
- LEAD_DG.LAN
- CONFIG folder

After that I searched the web and found out that the HDD is FAT12 (FAT16?) formatted and partitioned in 10M primary drive. I have an old computer with WIN98 and MS-DOS and when I connected the original disc I saw that the primary drive only had the file HURCO.LDR, without any other files.
I copied all of the files to primary drive and I also prepared a second HDD (213M) with the same file structure.

Now we come to the "fun" part When machine is started we get a normal "BIOS" window, then the RAM is checked. After that problems begin ... First we get "Invalid configuration information - please run SETUP program". Next screen says "Loading executive - please wait" and the final screen says "Base memory fault - less than 640K detected". After this message nothing happens until the reset.
After that, I changed original HDD with the second one and started the machine again ... I again get the "Invalid configuration information - please run SETUP program", after thet screen with two options (F1/F2) appears. When I press F2 some sort of BIOS is shown and I have to set the clock/date and the hard drive information (user definable drive type 48 and 49). After I set this and confirm (F10?) I only get the message "Error loading operating system". After reset I come back to the same setup screen and all the info from the previous adjustments is gone. It apears like the BIOS battery is dead?

What am I doing wrong? Is there a battery for "BIOS" and where is it located?

Sorry for long post, I hope that you can understand the problems and advise.

Best regards, Peter