584,861 active members*
4,779 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > constantly losing pressure from 10" filters

Talking constantly losing pressure from 10" filters

Hey all!

Having a few issues with our Omax at the moment.

Myself and my work mate have only just re-built the manifold, the 3 cylinders and liquid displacers, check valves, etc, the ado,on/off valves and the charge pump. The 10" filters weren't holding enough pressure before the re-build (causing it to error out with "dead head of pump" and "charge pump low" warnings very frequently). The charge pump was very much at the end of it's time though.

After we have replaced the old charge pump with a new one, the pressure has been great and all is running well... however, we are having to replace the 10" filters every 2 weeks (or sometimes more frequently) as we are losing the pressure from both gauges, causing it to error out again with the same messages.

Any ideas what could be causing this? We thought it could be the water quality (as we are working in a mining town, and the water is quite dirty), but when we take the filters out, they aren't even dirty, so that can't be it.

Everything else is running well, but it is becoming quite an expense having to change the 10" filters every 2 weeks, as they are meant to last a hell of a lot longer. This morning the pressure was at 120psi, and since 10am it has dropped to 100psi already. The filters were only replaced yesterday.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great!! We are stumped! We are running an OMAX 80160 machine.

Jen

I am having a very similar problem.
    I recently replaced my charge pump and I am now getting very poor pressure readings from my filter gauges.
    My charge pump runs at 130 psi while the machine is idle, once the jet pump turns on, my inlet pressure drops to 80 psi and my jet turns off. I experience this issue even with brand new filters, so I do not believe they are causing the pressure drop.

Any idea what else could cause the pressure to drop?