584,796 active members*
4,254 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hyundai Kia > Hyundai Wia L2100SY thoughts? vs Nakamura SC200LMSY

Hyundai Wia L2100SY thoughts? vs Nakamura SC200LMSY

Hi cnczone. I have a question regarding the Hyundai Wia L2100SY vs the Nakamura SC200scy. I have been looking at the Hyundai and on the surface it is really impressing me. It is fully box way. I am specifically comparing it to the Nakamura SC200lmsy which is also full boxway but it actually a flat bed design with a 30 degree riser block for the turret to give it the appearance of a slant bed design. also the headstock is mounted on a riser which I feel may not be as rigid. I know it sounds crazy to compare a nakamura to a Hyundai but Hyundai has really stepped up its game over the years. Any thoughts on this? anyone using both of these machines?
    I don't have a good signature.

Re: Hyundai Wia L2100SY thoughts? vs Nakamura SC200LMSY

I just finished working with a 2100SY. It's a well put together machine. Box ways, accurate, built to last. Hyundai just upped their game to include 2 year warranty as standard on everything. There's a reason why - it's reliable with very few problems. I think that they are going to be giving the Mori's and Okuma's a serious run based on what I'm seeing. Their specs are better in many cases, repeatability and longevity are just as good. Price is much less. They are doing a lot with offline programming rivaling and even exceeding what IGF can do with such things as engraving from out of their DPRO system. FAnuc Manual guide I is also a nice addition already on the machine. I can't speak for the Nak, just the Okuma and Hyundai's.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Maybe a stupid question. Just got a L2100SY was wondering if you know how to switch from main program side to sub side? Can't get to see anything on sub side.

The 2100 only has 1 turret and 1 programming channel, so there is no "sub side" program that you will see. You will only see a new coordinate system called out when you go to the sub for the new "zero point". Check for G55.G56 etc., rather than G54 for the Main.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.