584,826 active members*
5,213 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > 4th axis rotation on x axis chaging to Y axis in simulation

4th axis rotation on x axis chaging to Y axis in simulation

I tried to search for this and I couldn't find anything.

I have a 4th axis part with the rotation along x axis, when I run simulation it shows it correct( along the X axis) for a couple seconds until it fully loads then it has the 4th axis rotation along the Y axis?
    cant figure out why?

Thanks guys

I went ahead and just posted a quick part and ran it on the mill and it posted and rancorrectly on the mill. so it is something with the simulation only, but would still like to figure out why its happening.

The first and simplist thing is to look at the machine selected for the file. There are also other places that control the rotation axis setup depending on what you've done with stock and the features. It's hard to speak to it without seeing what you have. If you post your file someone will look.

how do I post the file, I tried to upload my bobcad file but it wouldn't let me?

You'll need to compress it with 7zip or another program that does .zip extensions. The forum doesn't like non-standard file formats like .bbcd.

Luke
    "All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

If your on windows, just right clcik the file and choose "send to, compressed zip"........

This sounds similar to the issues I had with the basic simulation module, including the very brief view of correct orientation.
    The solutions were to select a view which focusses on the tool and so ignores the machine and just shows the paths followed around the part or to upgrade to the full simulation module, I went for the upgrade as I really did want the option of a "Propper" view of the part moves during simulation,
    Regards,
    Nick

Here is the simple file. Mainly to show how the rotation changes once in simulation. 4 axis machine is selected
    thanks guys

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    This sounds similar to the issues I had with the basic simulation module, including the very brief view of correct orientation.
    The solutions were to select a view which focusses on the tool and so ignores the machine and just shows the paths followed around the part or to upgrade to the full simulation module, I went for the upgrade as I really did want the option of a "Propper" view of the part moves during simulation,
    Regards,
    Nick
    That's sounds like my issues exactly
    Attached Files Attached Files

This simulates fine with the full simulation but warned me that a 4-Axis machine model has not been selected.
    If you've already expanded your Cam Tree, right clicked Milling Tool, selected Part - Current Settings and ensured you have a 4-axis mill profile selected try Tool Focus view, that should show the job from the tool point of view, avoiding disconcerting machine orientation views,
    Regards,
    Nick

Regards,
    Nick
    I hope this will be fixed as an UPDATE and not as a upgrade or at least let buyers know that there is a problem,
    When you purchase Standard 4th Axis, you shouldn't look at the lower Left corner of the Simulation Screen because that that little triple pointed stick thingy has a mind of its own. But for those of you that are fast, for a brief time you may be able see the correct orientation.
    But you do have an option to get it work correctly, it is just another WORKAROUND to add to your list. Or you can
    just go out to the machine and see if it works correctly. why would you want to sim it anyways? Don't you trust Bob.

I keep hoping that these type of problems are just me (operator error) but I keep finding more and more that is not the case.

RAF

This simulates fine with the full simulation but warned me that a 4-Axis machine model has not been selected.
    If you've already expanded your Cam Tree, right clicked Milling Tool, selected Part - Current Settings and ensured you have a 4-axis mill profile selected try Tool Focus view, that should show the job from the tool point of view, avoiding disconcerting machine orientation views,
    Regards,
    Nick
    I changed the settings to Bc_4X_MILL when I first saw the file, I thought maybe that would be a fix for it but I didn't have any success at it.

Quote Originally Posted by RAF. View Post
    why would you want to sim it anyways? Don't you trust Bob.
    It's me I don't trust, ;-)
    On 3D-ish stuff and without seeing the tool path simulated I have a fair idea but don't always know if I've asked for something that will result in collisions,

- Nick

I updated the file to have 4 axis machine selected. (I did have a 4 axis machine selected before, but then I updated Bcad as I was 1 update behind and it reset my settings)

But it makes no difference

The only fix I've seen so far is upgrading to "Pro" simulation. I've worked a week solid on the same problem. It is not user error, you're going to have to deal with it.

The best semi-solution I've seen was in the thread "4 axis simulates in 5 and posts junk" or something like that. The Engine Guy has a post there which works the best for simulating 4axis. It works so-so for me (it does eliminate the Y-flip) but I still don't get a good simulation.

Attachment 206558

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bobcad...ml#post1315588

Ok,

Thanks so much guys for all the help, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    The only fix I've seen so far is upgrading to "Pro" simulation. I've worked a week solid on the same problem. It is not user error, you're going to have to deal with it.

The best semi-solution I've seen was in the thread "4 axis simulates in 5 and posts junk" or something like that. The Engine Guy has a post there which works the best for simulating 4axis. It works so-so for me (it does eliminate the Y-flip) but I still don't get a good simulation.

Attachment 206558

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bobcad...ml#post1315588

Thanks this did work and is easy enough to do with the couple setting changes in simulation.

Re: 4th axis rotation on x axis chaging to Y axis in simulation

Quote Originally Posted by duckung View Post
    Building a profile for spamming?
    Try actually interacting, this is not a kiddy forum of millennial gamers and you are easily spotted here!