585,926 active members*
3,848 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > heres a cheap simple DM2900/DM1007 BT30 tool rack

heres a cheap simple DM2900/DM1007 BT30 tool rack

ive been using it for a few weeks and it seems to be working out well

all you need to make it are:

MATERIALS

1/4" to 1/2" thick plastic sheet (thinner is to weak and thicker is overkill)
    -or if you are going for frugality and shortsightedness EXTREME, wood
    -i didnt use metal because i didnt want things to rattle
    three cheap a$$ shelf brackets from hardware store
    10-32 screws with lock nuts
    rivets or more screws

so i had some scrap 1/4" pvc sheet. i cut it to size with a jig saw, then marked it up for 16 holes for tool holders. i used a hole-saw to cut them out. which was sort of annoying and time consuming, because i used cheap harbor freight hole saws which meant the scrap got stuck in the hole saw and i had to disassemble it each time and hammer the scrap out

i riveted the shelf to the brackets...just cuz. you could use screws i guess. but i suppose its appropriate to use rivets because it needs to never come apart and rivets are nice looking. whatever

i drilled into my precious DM2900 enclosure, and tapped for 10-32. thats how the brackets are connected to the enclosure. i did it well below the main drip tray casting so that the watertightness (lol) of the enclosure is not affected

the shelf is plenty strong for 16 tools, even using flimsy 1/4" plastic and flimsy stamped shelf bracets, and is cheap and fairly easy to make. you could put another one on the other side of the machine and make it 32 tools!

if you have access to a cnc 2 axis knee mill, you could make the shelf much easier since you wouldnt need to futz with a hole saw..it would be very fast

its also low profile and removable, so it doesnt get in the way or prevent you from moving the machine later if you need to..you can just unscrew it from the machine

Hi,

Good deal! I was happy camper when my employer tossed 2 LISTER BT 30 cart . Save me a lot work. I like YOUR go to it action.
    I like your Mill, and I have a 2800 with tapmatic R00 heads.
    DAVID PONTES

Quote Originally Posted by davidponte View Post
    Hi,

Good deal! I was happy camper when my employer tossed 2 LISTER BT 30 cart . Save me a lot work. I like YOUR go to it action.
    I like your Mill, and I have a 2800 with tapmatic R00 heads.
    DAVID PONTES
    thanks! i think im going to need to make another shelf for the other side soon as i keep collecting more and more tools