585,877 active members*
3,785 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Sodick A280L

Sodick A280L

We just picked up a Sodick A280L for $6000. Does anyone have any feedback on this machine, performance, quality, ease of use?

We are going to be moving it tomorrow. I read somewhere that there is a bolt that should be put into place to support a counterweight. I am not sure where that is and if the machine needs to be powered up to do this. The machine currently is not under power.

Also what are the common consumables that I should have on hand for this machine.

The machine only has 1 manual with is, The programing manual. Sodick wants $475 for a complete set. Is there anyone that has an operations manual in digital format that can be sent to me

thanks
    www.machmachine.com

We got the machine delivered and powered up. We know absolutely nothing about this machine so we are going through a learning process. One thing that we have not been able to figure out is how to feed the wire through the lower support and back through the drive wheels. Any guidance would be appreciated
    www.machmachine.com

Hey,

in the link is a manual from a A320D! Maybe it helps you a bit, some things never change.
    DESCRIPTION OF THE EDM PROCESS

If there is no AWT(automatic wire threading) available use your hand to feed the wire through the lower guide.
    It would be an asset to turn on the lower arm flushing to aid the wire feed to the drive wheels.

regards