584,812 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > CNC Teknix TEKdrive Servodrive Sub Forum Welcome

CNC Teknix TEKdrive Servodrive Sub Forum Welcome

Welcome to the CNC Teknix TEKdrive Servodrive Sub Forum. This Sub forum is for any questions or discussions relating to the TEKdrive Servodrives.

This Sub Forum will be directly supported by CNC Teknix.
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Is this a forum for CNC Teknix's Mini Drivers? Can't seem to find much info on these things as the webpage is lacking, got lot's of questions though.

Higgrobot,

This is a general forum for all CNC Teknix products. I would be happy answer as many questions as you have, I will check with the web master regarding the information on our Mini drives to see what the problem is.

Take Care

Dave
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Mini Drivers

The three mini drivers i ordered last year have arrived and they did not come with any circuit diagram or documentation..eek. I could wire them up and experiment but im not too sure about a few things. What do i do with the "Ebl" when using 3 controllers, should i wire them together? What do the three trimpots do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2655d6be4f79d12f2cd06a8292e6b000.jpg   CnCTeknix mini drivers.JPG  

Their webpage does'nt offer the mini drivers for sale anymore but
    Grace from CNCTeknix supplied this info for the three trimpots:

Proportional: This is the amount of power, relative to the error, that the drive will output. The analogy here is a comparison to the accelerator in a car, if you are travelling at 60Km/H and you want to travel at 80Km/H, the P controls how much more the accelerator needs to be pushed to get the right speed. If the P is set too low it will accelerate very slowly, too high and it will likely speed up too quickly and overshoot 80Km/H, causing it to have to decelerate again. This can cause the drive to oscillate, and, if set too high, will cause ever increasing oscillations until the drive trips out.

Integral: This is often called the steady state error. If there is a small error, not enough to cause the P control to correct, but present for a period of time, the I adds up all these errors over a time period and causes the drive to adjust slightly to reduce this error.

Derivative: This is the adjustment for the ‘rate of change’ error, such as when a sudden acceleration or deceleration is called for, or the load quickly changes. It works by adding or subtracting power to assist the correction for any sudden changes. Back to the car analogy, if the car was to suddenly reach an incline and the speed starts to decrease it looks at how fast the car is slowing down and adds a burst of power to correct for it. As it acts faster than the proportional control it is also helpful in decreasing the oscillations caused by too much proportional control.

She also sent this diagram:
    Attached Files Attached Files

teknix drives protection

I am currently having problems with my G320's
    I have a drive that may have failed due to over current?
    My problem is that the drive wont come out of fault mode?
    What protection does the teknix t10 drive have, current? thermal? ??...

Re: CNC Teknix TEKdrive Servodrive Sub Forum Welcome

URGENT HELP NEEDED!
    I have been using CNC Teknix Tek Series VFD since a long time. I now need to use it in another machine hence need to re-wire.
    Can someone please provide me with a user manual for connections and parameters?
    Regarding the drive specifications that's all the information written on the drive.
    Please. Urgent help needed.
    Thank you in advance.