585,754 active members*
3,755 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Hypermill > Hypermill Post processor

Hypermill Post processor

Hi Guys,

My company has just purchased a new Haas Tm2 3 axis milling machine to replace an aging Deckel FP3-50. We are running hypermill V9 that was purchased around 2004-2005.

The post processor that I have is not suitable and I am having to change alot of code and formatting to get the Haas to run.

I have access to hyperPost which I believe is for creating or editing posts but it will only open .Omf files and the post processor files are .Oma I believe that the .Omf files are created and then converted to .Oma. There is only one post available to select so I guess it was supplied specifically for the Deckel.

I have already contacted Openmind (uk) for advice but am awaiting a response. We are not on a maintenance contract so even if they can help I am expecting a sizable bill. Could any of you guys maybe shed some light on the subject as Post processors are not really my forte.

Thanks

Though I have no idea it is realistic for your shop. The obvious answer to quickly solve all of your problems is to upgrade your software to HyperMILL version 2013, I personally would rather spend my time trying to make than trying to save money, but that's just me....