585,722 active members*
4,162 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Changing tab default size in nesting

Changing tab default size in nesting

Hi Everyone
    I use Nesting on 99 % of my programs and would like to change the tab default size so I don't have to change it for every part in Nesting. I use the same size tab for all jobs so it would save me time and its a pain in the butt. If someone knows how I can change this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Keith

Hi Everyone
    I notice quite a few of you look at this thread but no reply. Is there nobody that knows how to change these default sizes
    Thanks Keith

Unfortunately, I think there aren't many people who use BobNest enough to be able to help you. I think maybe Al Depoalo was away at a show when you first posted, so possibly he missed it. He's likely your best source of info on BobNest. Sorry to have nothing to offer.

Luke
    "All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

I had Bobnest a while back (V18), but I don't think it even had tabs back then. I'm downloading the trial version, I've been wanting to try it out anyways.

Edit:
    After looking at the nesting system, I'd have to say that I don't think you'll be able to set any defaults. I'll be interested to hear what Al has to say, but I'm not seeing anywhere that you could set it up as a "preference".

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa53 View Post
    Hi Everyone
    I use Nesting on 99 % of my programs and would like to change the tab default size so I don't have to change it for every part in Nesting. I use the same size tab for all jobs so it would save me time and its a pain in the butt. If someone knows how I can change this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Keith
    The values that open in a feature are not configurable in a setting in the UI. The way this would normally be handled would be to use and load "templates", like a preconfigured bbcd file, and also "save a nest feature" setup with the params you like, and load that as opposed to creating a new one.

However, I just ran a test on my nest save and load feature and produce a crash on the load. I may be doing something wrong because I'm not fluid in the nesting side, but I reported it to BobCad. I'll let you know if I find out I did something wrong and it works. You could just try to save and load a nest feature on your end also, and see if it works.

I believe there was a video on their site that talked all about it. I think this is the one I was thinking of: BobCA-CAM V24 Basic Nesting Sample - YouTube

Yep, looks like Al's advice is to save/load a template feature, reselecting new geometry for a new job. Hopefully the crash on load thing is just something minor. Burr, I use your manual tabbing method all the time. Thanks again for posting that video, way back when. It's a lifesaver for some of the parts I cut. Keep an eye out, though. I think the Double-Sided Tape Syndicate may be after you.

Luke
    "All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Trotline View Post
    Keep an eye out, though. I think the Double-Sided Tape Syndicate may be after you.
    Attachment 207246

Getting a brazillian with a greek olive martini!

Hey Guys
    Thanks Gentlemen that helps a lot. I hope the crash never hurt anything Burrman. I get crashes now and again with nesting if I change something in my original nesting feature then recalculate toolpath. I bring that file back up and delete the nesting feature, then redo the nesting with the change I wanted and it always works fine after that
    Its like the nesting feature gets confused and freezes. Well thanks again Guys

Keith