585,933 active members*
3,816 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CAD suggestions?

I have been using Autocad 2008. Copy I got from a friend, On my TAIG Hobby Mill. Not production scale by no means. Just personal stuff. I have gotten used to Acad, but now with W 8.1 upgrade, it seems to be non functional. And I can't get it to work. All my drawings are DXF, I use Sheetcam for Gcode.
    Need help to find a OK, Hopefully Acad like CAD prog I can use. I realize the days of cracked copies are pretty much gone, I accept that, But $600 for Bobcad is WAY outa my range. I've looked at a couple $100 progs but I am unsure on what would be good or not. Not keen on having to learn all the softwares out there, taken me long enough to get around in Acad LOL

Any help be appreciated as I am down untill I find something

I use draftsight with is an autocad clone and the price is definitely right. You can download it from DraftSight - Free* CAD software for your DWG files - Dassault Systèmes and it will look very much like autocad and can even handle all its files. It is made by the people who make solidworks. You have to register it with a good email address, but I receive very little traffic from them trying to get me to buy more. Most of what I get is "hey we have an upgrade"!

Yes, it will work with Sheetcam as that is what I also use.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I use draftsight with is an autocad clone and the price is definitely right. You can download it from DraftSight - Free* CAD software for your DWG files - Dassault Systèmes and it will look very much like autocad and can even handle all its files. It is made by the people who make solidworks. You have to register it with a good email address, but I receive very little traffic from them trying to get me to buy more. Most of what I get is "hey we have an upgrade"!

Yes, it will work with Sheetcam as that is what I also use.
    If you like Autocad, this is a pretty good suggestion. It will feel pretty familiar.