585,997 active members*
5,082 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > k40 type chinese laser problem with beam/power please Help

k40 type chinese laser problem with beam/power please Help

My k40 laser been working great last couple of years then suddenly wont engrave my rubber stamps anymore very poo depth

I checked alignment and noticed the pattern on the 1st mirror is making two holes on the paper over placed over the mirror as if the beam is split coming out of the laser, this is the 1st mirror close to the tube

it does have a good bit of use under it but I just wanna diagnose the problem before I throw money at it

Please Help

If the tube is running in TEM01 mode then you will get two holes, it may just be a dirty coupler though so try cleaning the lens in the output end of the tube. 2 years is a good life for a 35 watt tube so maybe time to think about replacing it. (two years is actually a good life for a K40 in general)

cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    If the tube is running in TEM01 mode then you will get two holes, it may just be a dirty coupler though so try cleaning the lens in the output end of the tube. 2 years is a good life for a 35 watt tube so maybe time to think about replacing it. (two years is actually a good life for a K40 in general)

cheers

Dave
    is it easy to get into the coupler, always used the laser at 10ma but now have to turn way up to get it to mark the rubber

Hi exsecratio
    what is TEM01 mode???? I am a old fox but I never heart of this
    greetings
    waltfl

I have the same problem. yesterday I changed mirrors and cleaned mirror on laser tube. now laser beam is splitting. laser tube done less then 10hours. any ideas? :?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

hi,
    I have the problem. yesterday I changed a mirrors and cleaned mirror on a laser tube. after that laser beam splitting. mirror on laser tube is clean, tube done less than 10h
    any help? :?

Using Tapatalk

hi,
    I have the problem. yesterday I changed a mirrors and cleaned mirror on a laser tube. after that laser beam splitting. mirror on laser tube is clean, tube done less than 10h
    any help? :?

Using Tapatalk

Hiya Walt

Attachment 211210

Lasers are rarely little round spots, usually they are a combination of the above modes (Multimode) when measured directly in front of the output coupler.

cheers

Dave

hi dave
    hmmmm I never did see such kind they are 99% round I had one what had a donut kind of spot short before going out.
    greetings
    waltfl

but is that normal that beam is splitting? doesn't laser lose his power?

Using Tapatalk

If it is an unusual mode then they aren't losing power, if it's a cracked output coupler then it will be losing power.

Beam mode can only really be measured with a DWC so even multimode beams may appear to be little round dots.

cheers

Dave