585,758 active members*
4,323 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > 5 axis breakout board and 3 single axis drivers tb6560, not working

5 axis breakout board and 3 single axis drivers tb6560, not working

Hello

I have following problem with my CNC stepper drivers. I have one 5 axis breakout board USB 5 Axis CNC Breakout Board Interface Adapter for Stepper Motor Driver | eBay and 3 single axis stepper motor drivers like that Single 1 Axis 3 5A TB6560 Stepper Stepping Motor Driver Board Control CNC Router | eBay.

All is powered by the 24V 6,5A power supply, and 5V 1A power supply for tb6560 logic.

I set up the pins as a manual shows. X 2 14
    Y 16 3
    Z 7 8

Enable: pin 1 for all axis, and output1 pin 9

Result is that all 3 drivers are supplied by the power 24V which power diodes shows, and when I run sample G-code, step diodes are pulsing on the breakout board and on the each of tb6560 driver, but motors do not runing. I can turn shaft easily. When i click on the reset button then all drivers start to "hold" motor shaft and motors and power supply making characteristic noise. When I click on the reset button again everything back to the previous situation.

Sorry for my English because I'm from Poland and still learning english. Please help me to solve this problem.

When you press the reset button and the motor shafts lock up, that's where you want to leave it and continue troubleshooting. Lock up tells me that the motors are getting the 24vdc power, as you mention. If you are using a cable from your computer's parallel port to the breakout board the cable needs to have all of the connector pins wired 1 to 1, 2 to 2 .......

There could be a missing ground or +5vdc connection jumper option or switch setting in the driver boards.
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Ok, i understand that it's hard to guess what is wrong without some wiring diagram and good explanation of the problem.

I've made some movie to show you my problem. When i load sample G-code, all green diodes "RUN" are flashing on the driver boards and on the breakout board.

Here is the mentioned movie MOV 0218 - YouTube

Why motors are not runing if "run" diodes shows that driver boards are supplied by the 5V and seems that step, direction, and enable are set up properly, as china manual suggest? TB6560 are burned? Seems that transistors of tb6560 are broken. Am I right?

Here is the connection diagram. Please tell me if it's correct, or incorrect.

Attachment 207238