I have been sick for several weeks now. It started with a nasty cough. I have been to my doctor 3 times now. The first time there were no other symptoms. A week later I returned and after chest ex rays, they said I had no fluid in my lungs and was diagnosed with bronchitis.

Now it is a week later. antibiotics have been useless. tonight I started with chest pains, dizziness, and had a huge coughing fit. I finally coughed so hard some stuff and a bit of blood came up. This was the nastiest tasting flem or whatever I have ever tasted and it made me vomit.

I decided to have a co worker take me home and planned to return to the doctor tomorrow. after getting home I realized that this nasty taste, it seemed alot like the odor of the machine coolant from one of the cnc lathes I operate every day.

Now I think I am starting to put some things together.

This lathe, has a nasty looking growth of bacteria along the left side of the door where the rubber scrapes the door to keep the coolant inside when opening and closing the door.

They recently started adding a conditioner to our coolant to help kill this stuff off.

So off to google I go to research this coolant bacteria... OMG, I had no idea. So I find the most common type of bacteria in coolants and start to do some research on it. what I found was some very scary stuff.

I have many of the symptoms of a bacterial lung infection or bacterial pneumonia.

I am worried that my employer will not take me serious about what I think the cause of my illness is.

Has anyone ever had or worked in a place where this has happened? Am I crazy for thinking this coolant is causing my illness?

I have worked here for almost four months, and this bacteria has been on this door sense day one.

Thanks in advance for any replies!