586,000 active members*
5,031 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Cnc programmer Wood carvings from digital photo's Detroit Michigan

Cnc programmer Wood carvings from digital photo's Detroit Michigan

cnc wood carver with Ability system software and bobcadcam in the Detroit Michigan area
    www.troyswoodworking.com

Hi Troy,

I have seen the posted pictures of you work and am impressed. I live south of Detroit in Trenton at exit 32 of I-75.

In late 2004, I bought a turn-key CNC router table off Ebay from a person in Wixom who never used it. The brand was Debece and included a German CAM software package. The machine uses a serial interface, so unless I change out the controller, I am stuck with the German WinPCNC software. The company is of no use, seem it is an reseller from Germany and I haven't found the parent connection.

I have Rasterfratz, Mach2 and BobCad V20 software.

My real problem is that after creating G-Code from any of the software packages, the size isn't what I expected in the CAM software.

The machine working surface is physically 46 by 76 cm or 18 by 30 inches. When I direct the machine to move 100 units, it goes 47 mm / 5.7 inches.

When I run the machine in manual mode to its X limit it shows 3300, for the Y axis it shows 2100.

It seems that I am having a newbie mental block or am setting something incorrectly.

Would like to get it working. The BobArt Pro X is my goal, but until I can get the basics to work I can't see pouring more money in the pit.

Steve.

did you get a manual with this machine?

you need to set up your steppers under settings
    www.troyswoodworking.com