585,663 active members*
2,953 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

50 w Laser with z axis table what distance

I have just bought a 50 Chinese laser with moveable table z axis, how far should nozzle be to workpiece

What lens do you have? you should have gotten a focal gauge

wklaserliu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by justy22 View Post
    I have just bought a 50 Chinese laser with moveable table z axis, how far should nozzle be to workpiece
    Hi your 50w laser machine i think is DESK top one , normally desk top one the Z up&down table distance is about 20cm ,this s also not same according to what model &type of machine you bought.

Quiven
    g.weike laser, manufactuer /supplier of laser engraving machine in Jinan China

[email protected]
    [email protected]

Name:	factory  074.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	207876

Dear ,
    Do you use auto focus or a normal laser head ?
    If you use a normal laser head that each time you can find the focus length by the focus block ,which was packed with the machine. Just put the block on the material and below the laser head . The block will help to find the distance .
    If you use a autofocus laser head , there must be a button to make this function take effect . Only need you to put the material on the table ,make sure laser head is above the material , then start the autofocus function . It will find the focus length by itself .

Nor matter what methods , you can get a very very small dot on the material , that proves correct distance . Or you may try this just find the smallest dot by firing laser . Like pictures do !
    Attachment 208254
    Attachment 208256
    Attachment 208258
    Attachment 208252

Best regards,
    Mary Lee
    XYZ Machinery

The seller said its 40mm from the lens which works out 11mm from nozzle but trying to engrave rubber at this distance is no good machine engraves much better when nozzle is about 20-25mm away from workpiece, can anybody explain this is the machine I bought here NEW CO2 LASER ENGRAVING MACHINE ENGRAVER CUTTER AUXILIARY ROTARY DEVICE 50W k1 | eBay

That unit looks like one I checked out and it had a 50mm focal length it had a 54mm gauge that looked like a 7 you put it on the material and then you adjust the tube so the little nub is on the top of the lens holder.

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    That unit looks like one I checked out and it had a 50mm focal length it had a 54mm gauge that looked like a 7 you put it on the material and then you adjust the tube so the little nub is on the top of the lens holder.
    50mm sounds more like it but I would like to know for deffo, the 7 gauge may have came with it and I may have put it in bucket by mistake, I love the machine I used to have the cheaper 40 watt one, I paid £1695 all in but noticed he has put price up to £2695, I use it for making rubber stamps but would like to start learning other things to do with it

Here is a dfx of one that I made for my laser