585,883 active members*
5,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FULL SPECTRUM LASER

All, I hope I am not abusing my privileges here, but I have started a new forum for Full Spectrum Lasers only. Those of you who have FSL lasers and have tried to post to FSL's site know that it is a "approved post" site and that your post can take days to be posted to the site. The new forum is an open site. I welcome anyone with a FSL laser to join.

My only request is that the site be used for help and fun. I will not allow any "slamming" of FSL.

Please join me and other FSL users at FSLUSERS.freeforums.org ? Index page

Thanks.

Would that be only for owners of their actual lasers or owners of other lasers using RetinaEngraveUSB as well? I know they have stopped selling only the card to DIYers, but I bought one before they stopped. Mine is installed in a Buildlog.net 2.x 40W laser.

I am happy to welcome RetinaEngrave users as well. I have spoken with a few knowledgeable people who I hope will join the site soon.

What did Henry say?

Rebecca,

I wouldn't know as I have not asked him. All I am trying to do is fill a gap for those owners of FSL machines who have questions, problems, new ideas, etc. without having to wait days to get their post's approved and wait days to get a response. Contrary to popular belief there are many happy and satisfied FSL owners and users out there who just want a place to post without having to deal with "certain individuals" who can't / won't leave things alone and just want to hijack the post and slam FSL every chance they get..

The fact the forum exists is slamming FSL by it's very existence.

It's existence reads as "Use this forum for help as you can expect none from FSL themselves"

It's a great idea Mike but expect trouble.

best wishes

Dave

Hey, I never said they were perfect.

But you do have a valid point, and this may be a failed attempt. But I figure it is worth a try. Like I said from the beginning. FSL's own forum is to restrictive and unfortunatly they have gotten a very bad reputation on other forums. (valid or not).. I just wanted a place that users could post without having to deal with "certain individuals" who want to do nothing more than slam, complain, etc...

Good initiative! Already there!
    Building machines since 2005

Dave Why should he expect trouble?. I've got a lot of help from Mike since I can't get any from you know were. I'm joining his little band of merry men and maybe I can get my laser to stay running. All I have to do is keep my mouth shut about you know who. But I tell ya one thing if Henry or anyone else makes trouble I'll jump in both feet. I'm sure Henrys aware of just how much Flak I can create. So I'll be have on MIke's site, hey why wouldn't I . I actually get real help from him and other's like him.(group):wave:

I think it's a great idea Bert and top credit to Mike for doing it, I just have an underlaying feeling that there may be some unhappy people who dislike the idea of having no control over a forum using the FSL name.

best wishes

Dave

Dave and Bert.. Thank you both for the compliments... I understand where you are coming from Dave, which is why I have disclaimers on the site saying that it is in no way associated with FSL.... It is just a group of people coming together to discuss issues, exchange ideas and help one another... And as I also have said I will not allow any "slamming" or defamation of FSL, or it's products... Something else that I mentioned earlier in the post is that there really are a lot of FSL owners who are happy with their machines and would recommend them to others..

Thanks again for the support... Oh Bert... I love the "Band of Merry Men" Might have to steal that one from you :banana:

I'm I'm not very impressed with my 40 watt hobby laser.I'm over my one year warranty but I have maybe 300 hours in my machine before it broke down. Sent the broken power supply backbecause they said it was an easy fix an under warranty turns out it wasn't under warranty and they wanted to charge $325 for A $100 part. the software is buggy at best and really not what they claim the machine to be
    I don't give a damn if you don't like me, cause i don't like you cause you are not like me.

Legion, Have you been to FSLUSERS.freeforums.org ? Index page yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Legion99999 View Post
    I'm I'm not very impressed with my 40 watt hobby laser.I'm over my one year warranty but I have maybe 300 hours in my machine before it broke down. Sent the broken power supply backbecause they said it was an easy fix an under warranty turns out it wasn't under warranty and they wanted to charge $325 for A $100 part. the software is buggy at best and really not what they claim the machine to be
    Yea the power supply is suppose to be under warranty for 2 years mine died to and the same thing they just said screw you, and were charging you a ridiculous amount of money for something we should fix for free, and theres nothing you can do about it. LOL
    I found a guy locally that pretty much rebuilt mine for $120, oh he drove 50 miles to my house to do it also for that price. I suppose if I took it to him it would have been half that. Maybe you can find a local shop that can help. Tell FSL to take a hike. I keep tellin these happy campers the ones that are happy with their machines, just wait till something major happens and they have to try and deal with FSL. Of course they all know there gonna have to pay thru the nose cause they made it thru the warranty period. Fact is every single one of them have already found better and cheaper parts elsewhere and won't deal with FSL, so I really can't understand why their so quick to brag them up. They got lucky and got a good machine.