585,760 active members*
3,849 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Brown & Sharpe Microval question

OK so i have a microval (not sure what version as it is at the shop, let me know what numbers might be needed) that is running on an older compaq pc. recently the PC is starting to flake out a bit. Now I have a ghost image of the hard drive but to be honest I would like to move away from that. Anyway i opened up the pc to take a look and see what special controllers are inside and really the only special controller card is the one for the pen which I do not use anyway. The microval is connected to the pc via rs-232 connection. The machine functions perfect when the pc is working. So I guess what I am getting at is there a software out there that can communicate with the microval cmm in a newer OS? I'm not really looking to retrofit the thing just update the software that communicates with it.

if anyone has any ideas please let me know I would be greatly appreciated.

Hi h2o,

where ara you from. I do have a Microval 343 with a Man3 Controller and do have Problems with micromeasure 3 software.
    After setting up a new PC (because the old one died) and starting the Micromeausre 3 software we get the following error " Serial # Wrong" and the software exits to DOS.
    Could this be a Cable Problem?
    There is a Service Folder with STest Software to test the serial connection and after giving the command "N9999M58" it gives me XYZ coordinates.
    Do you maybe have a Pinout Schematic for a DB9-DB25 cable?

Back to your question: There is a Software called CMM-Manager and you dont have to retrofit. This software works out of the box. Just Plugin the RS232 Cable to your new PC and set it up.

I dont have it but it should cost around $4k

Hopefully you can help me with my problem. Maybe you have a Cable shematic or did have the same problem as me. Or you know someone who can help me.

Thanks