585,668 active members*
4,183 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Daewoo ACE-V35 OMC spindle drive belt

Daewoo ACE-V35 OMC spindle drive belt

Hello Everyone,
    We have a Daewoo ACE-V35 OMC with through-the-spindle coolant and we need to replace the spindle drive belt. We've removed the spindle drive motor and are trying to determine how best to thread a replacement drive belt onto the spindle. Any suggestions, lessons learned from experience, etc?
    Thanks, Daniel

The AV35 was available in 6000, 8000, and 2 different 10,000RPM configurations. There are subtle differences for older BT compared to newer DIN styles
    I have multiple drawings, but to keep it from being confusing...which style do you have and I will post their drawings and assist with instructions that are relevant to your machine.
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

We have a DIN spindle, SCM415-F

Quote Originally Posted by ElZoido View Post
    We have a DIN spindle, SCM415-F
    I'm not picking up on what the SCM415-F means (that doesn't match our serial number format, but I think it is the material that the part is made from)
    Do you have the serial number of the machine and I'll try to find which drawing applies, and provide it.

The basics are the same for most machines.
    1.) remove the through spindle coolant assembly
    2.) remove the clamping cylinder (all of it, except for the base)(some of them are "keyed, try "lift, slight-turn, lift, slight-turn, lift" to remove the keyed style)
    3.) remove the Stop Ring (mark where it came from as it is also a balance ring) (they usually un-thread, but are held in place by "double stacked set screws")
    4.) Lift the Cylinder's base out, exposing a large hole
    5.) loosen the motor mounting bolts
    6.) loosen the belt tension with the motor's tension screw
    7.) remove the old belt...insert the new belt
    8.) firm-up the motor mounting bolts
    9.) tension the belt
    ........a.) if "Eagle Belt" it looks like <<<<<<<<<<
    ................i.) follow instructions on Goodyear Eagle Belt's box or website for proper tension (too many instructions to list here)
    ........b.) if "Timing Belt" it looks like lllllllllllll
    ................i.) tighten until belt starts to curve and looks slightly like ) when viewed down its length
    ................ii.) loosen tension exactly to the point where the curve "straightens" and a back-lit straightedge no longer shows light
    10.) tighten the motor mounting bolts
    11.) insert and align the Cylinder's base
    12.) attach the Stop Ring ( back to the mark where it came from) (remember to lock it down by the "double stacked set screws")
    13.) attach the clamping cylinder
    14.) attach the through spindle coolant assembly
    15.) adjust spindle orientation (DO NOT DO A TOOL CHANGE UNTIL PERFECTLY ORIENTED)

ACE-V35 OMC, Serial Number 350084, Mfg. Date 1998.

I can't find a manual/drawing that is that old. (all my drawings show serial numbers starting with AV35) Do you have a parts book?

If yes, I can point out the actual parts needed to be removed and the exact How-to...

Belay that last, the serial number is 350584.
    Daniel

- - - Updated - - -

Oops again, serial number AV350584

cool. That one I can find a drawing for...

I'll post it here, after lunch.

As noted above, serial number AV350584.
    YES, we don have a parts book, pages 05-01 through 05-10 dealing with spindle.
    The alphanumeric identifier SCM415-F came from the Mat./Spec column corresponding with Item N. C35056372 on page 05-07.

See attached for drawing reference of item numbers:

1.) remove the through spindle coolant assembly (everything above 46)
    2.) remove the clamping cylinder (everything above 20, by removing the long, springed SHCS's and the shorter SHCS's)
    3.) remove the Stop Ring (mark where it came from as it is also a balance ring) (the drawing says that it is item 11, but that doesn't seem right...it should be the item between 10 and 17)
    4.) Lift the Cylinder's base out, exposing a large hole (17)
    5.) loosen the motor mounting bolts
    6.) loosen the belt tension with the motor's tension screw
    7.) remove the old belt...insert the new belt
    8.) firm-up the motor mounting bolts
    9.) tension the belt
    ........a.) if "Eagle Belt" it looks like <<<<<<<<<<
    ................i.) follow instructions on Goodyear Eagle Belt's box or website for proper tension (too many instructions to list here)
    ........b.) if "Timing Belt" it looks like lllllllllllll
    ................i.) tighten until belt starts to curve and looks slightly like ) when viewed down its length
    ................ii.) loosen tension exactly to the point where the curve "straightens" and a back-lit straightedge no longer shows light
    10.) tighten the motor mounting bolts
    11.) insert and align the Cylinder's base
    12.) attach the Stop Ring ( back to the mark where it came from) (remember to lock it down by the "double stacked set screws")
    13.) attach the clamping cylinder
    14.) attach the through spindle coolant assembly
    15.) adjust spindle orientation (DO NOT DO A TOOL CHANGE UNTIL PERFECTLY ORIENTED)

Thanks, I'm diving in.
    (Step 2) I've loosenen the three long springed cap screws, and the unclamping cylinder feels loose, but I havn't been able to get it to lift or turn yet. The only other cap screws I see are the six that bolt the cylinder head and barrel to what I think must be the cylinder base (the three springed screws pass through it) - I don't see any shorter cap screws. Do I remove the cylinder cap and barrel from the base?

call me (973) 618-2461 (between 8:30 and 17:30)

or (973) 803-9479 (after 17:30 - but a word of warning - I won't have access to books, documentation, or email after 17:30)

Maybe this will help clear things up...

Attached is an isometric assembly drawing of a Mynx 500 (similar, but not exact) It shows the assembly order of how this goes together.

Call if you still have questions. I can only do limited detail this way...a conversation is more productive when the finer details matter.

Hey D, I see you helped out on the Daewoo again Appreciate the help (El is one of our maint guys).
    Not sure if you talked to him on the phone or not, but I wanted to update any thread followers that the machine is back up and running as of tonight. We had to adjust the spindle orient parameter afterwards, but all is well again.
    Thanks guys!
    2x 87' Kitamura Mycenter 2B's, 98' Daewoo ACE V-35, and for the special projects, '05 Dremel tool.

Just to finish up this thread:
    MUCHAS GRACIAS to dhardt for his support, including careful and detailed description of the operation of the Daewoo tool clamp/release mechanism. As it turned out, our assembly was somewhat different than we had expected, principally in that the spindle encoder drive belt was closer to the end of the spindle than was the spindle drive belt, so that the encoder belt had to be removed before the spindle drive belt could be changed. Also, the the hydraulic cylinder top endcap and cylinder had to be disassembled in order to gain access to the balance ring.
    Again, many thanks to dhardt for his help and availability.
    Daniel