585,744 active members*
4,789 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Gerber Sprinter 48

What can you guys tell me about it?

Its a nice solid construction. The linear rails seem abit small. they looked 3/8" supported railes. Its got Cog Belt for positioning. I dont know how accurate these are.

I just aquired one of these and i would like to retrofit a new control on it. I was thinking about centriod control. But a centroid control cost 9000$. I was looking for something like the centriod for this router for around 3000$. The spindle is a 5.5hp Perska Spindle. I have no idea if its any good.

The unit i bought aint in the best condition. The guy i bought it off of had it in storage. It got wet and now i gotta replace all the linear shafts. I was thinking about retro fitting linear rails into it. They are alot better right?

Well after checking it out some more it looks like the rails are 1/2" rails. I found a place to replace them. Gonna Cost about 1300$ for all new rails and pillow blocks.

Well i checked out the steppers. Here is the specs.
    X / Y axis controller:
    Superior Electric
    M091-FD-6217
    6 Wire stepper
    Z axis:
    Superior Electric
    M062-ls-530E
    6 Wire stepper

Now i need to find a controller that will work with these.

Also can someone tell me how these Perske spindles work? Do they half to be wired into the controller or can they be wired direct and just turned on when you need to rout something?