585,761 active members*
4,045 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Angry Burnt resistor on YOC-PW3024

Same problem here...
    I soldiered a new resistor in place but still doesn't work.
    had a friend check it out and he said i blew the transistor as well.
    Does anybody know where I can just buy a new board all together?
    Or replacement parts in general, schematic,etc...?
    Thanks for any info you could give. You can email me at [email protected]
    Or text me at 757-509-3003
    Thanks
    David

I'm having the same issue and replied to the other thread about it today - that thread was recently closed and im not sure why.

I read in another thread on another CNC website that R5 is supposed to be 100ohm 1/4 watt. they also had a picture of this board, I'll try to link it when I get back to that PC. when I replaced the bad resistor with a 100ohm 1/4watt that I had on hand, this resistor smoked immediately, although the spindle continued to turn strangely enough.

I replaced this 1/4 watt resistor with a full watt resistor array and tried it again, and the spindle jumped a bit and then refused to turn at all.
    I fear I have killed something else on this driver board.

Ive contacted my vendor but he speaks pretty poor English and recommended that I reinstall mach3...

Still need help folks????
    Seems like a common problem. Any help will do
    Thanks'
    David 757-509-3003

I did exactly the same thing with the 1/4 watt 100ohm resistor....replaced it and the spindle turned and the resistor fried immediately, I mean flames.haha.
    Don't know what else to do with no help here or ANYWHERE on the internet on these stupid Chinese machines. Any news on your end?
    David 757-509-3003

Hi David,
    The spindle of my YOOCNC 3020Z-D52 has had this morning some strange behaviour : the speed button does not operete anymore and the spindle turned at (very) high speed. I suspect the YOC-PW3024 card.
    In spite of many searches on internet, I didn't get any schematic or further information on this card.
    So, I have decided to draw by myself the schematic diagram by reverse engineering.
    As soon as this work is done I will share it.
    In the meantime, let me know if you get more information.

Rakounet

PS : I'm not very happy with this controller black box (see previous posts regarding loosing steps).

Quote Originally Posted by Rakounet View Post
    Hi David,
    The spindle of my YOOCNC 3020Z-D52 has had this morning some strange behaviour : the speed button does not operete anymore and the spindle turned at (very) high speed. I suspect the YOC-PW3024 card.
    In spite of many searches on internet, I didn't get any schematic or further information on this card.
    So, I have decided to draw by myself the schematic diagram by reverse engineering.
    As soon as this work is done I will share it.
    In the meantime, let me know if you get more information.

Rakounet

PS : I'm not very happy with this controller black box (see previous posts regarding loosing steps).
    Is that the power supply and controller that comes in the black box? If so have a look for a NE555 timer on it, near the back of the case. I had the same problem. I fixed it with a new ne555. What I also did was put in a 8 pin dip socket so I could more easily swap out the ne555 at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Justblair View Post
    Is that the power supply and controller that comes in the black box? If so have a look for a NE555 timer on it, near the back of the case. I had the same problem. I fixed it with a new ne555. What I also did was put in a 8 pin dip socket so I could more easily swap out the ne555 at a later date.
    Yes, the YOC-PW3024 card is the power supply of the black box.

Thank you for the advice. I will check this IC and put a socket if needed.

I have almost finished to redraw the board, so I will publish the shematic diagram soon.

That will be helpful for everyone. By the way, once you have gotten your spindle working again you can enable software driven pwm control. It is easy to do, I have it working.

As promised, herewith the first part : bottom copper + component layout with the most of component values.

I hope it could be already helpful for some of you...

I will publish the schematic diagram as soon as possible.

Rakounet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YOC-PW3024.jpg   YOC-PW3024.jpg   YOC-PW3024.jpg   YOC-PW3024.jpg  

Herewith the elctrical diagram.

I have not been able to identify all the diodes (DW1, D3 and D5), but this diagram should be usefull for those willing to repair this board.

Cheers,

Rakounet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YOC-3024PW_Diagram.jpg  

Hey Guys....GOOD NEWS!!!! I found a place in China that sells new boards cheap. I bought two boards and shipping for $70.00.
    You can email them at [email protected]. My contact was Lance.....VERY helpful. I hope this helps everyone.
    Unfortunately, now my machine drifts on the Z axis randomly????Any thoughts? Thanks for the support

Thank you for all your hard work

This really sucks!!!!!My machine now drifts randomly in the z axis????Now I cannot cut anything without having to watch it every sec???
    Any suggestions?

Hey everyone. I found out something that might help people who have a problem with Z axis drift.
    Before I finally pulled my hair out I realized that I can't have my design program open while Mach3 is open.
    I use Artcam Express for design and it seems to be sending some signals to the router for some unknown reason.
    I suggest that you turn on your router without Mach3 open and watch what happens....mine would randomly go up and down
    in the Z. So, I design my art, save as g-code,then Close Artcam! Then I can open Mach3 and import, run, cut with problem solved
    Good Luck and I hope this helps someone else.

Hi Justblair,

I was just reading this thread as I am adding limit switches to my DJ controller box and noticed you said you had pwm control of the spindle set up of the pw3024 board. Can you tell me what steps you took?

Thanks heaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Scush View Post
    Hi Justblair,

I was just reading this thread as I am adding limit switches to my DJ controller box and noticed you said you had pwm control of the spindle set up of the pw3024 board. Can you tell me what steps you took?

Thanks heaps.
    Not had a look at the machine for a little while, but here is a link to some pictures of the modification.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11642...729?banner=pwa

If you have the box open, hopefully this will give you what you need. Pin setup is the same as the more expensive versions (ie those with pwm) so if you hunt around you will find intructions. If you cant come back to me and I will head out into my pretty cold and miserable garage/workshop. CNC machining is definitely not a winter sport for me!

Hi Blair,

Thanks for that it gives me a start. Quick question, I see you added a cap to the motor driver pack, was it for the PWM mod? Also was it only to one or all three drivers?

I can understand not wanting to go into the workshop sometimes - although for me it's the opposite - 40 plus degrees centigrade, being summer here in Australia.

Thanks for your help. I just finished doing the mod to add limit switches. When I'm happy with that I'll pull the controller apart again and do the PWM mod.

Back to work now though!

The caps were a so far futile attempt at solving missed steps on my X axis. The weather closed in on me before I came to a solution

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Oh yes I did give all drivers the same treatment

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hello
    Big time newbie to CNC here. I have a CNC3040DT and am having the issue with no speed control. The spindle spins at only one speed. Is it possible to switch to PC controlled PWM in this condition? If so, how do I set it up? I have a registered version of MACH3.
    Thanx in advance

Acel

Page 1 of 2 12