585,702 active members*
4,295 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Encoder Wiring Help

Can someone please help me with the wiring of this rotary encoder. I have 3 DC 24 V servo motors manufactured by the Japan Servo Co. Ltd. Type DS64BE40-2 , Brush Type with a Rotary encoder marked Japan Servo, no other details. I have tried for days to find a wiring diagram for the rotary encoder and it seems to be impossible. I am using a Galil 1540 controller and Galil ICM-1140 amp interface board. The encoder lead has 5 wires leaving the encoder which needs to connect to a 10 pin connector. (see the PDF attachment file) (chair)
    Attached Files Attached Files

That is a single ended encoder. The red=A,green=B,white=C usually. Yellow and brown are probably your power and from the looks of the big resistor and zener diode it more than likely runs on more than 5Vdc. Using a meter on diode check across the power wires should reveal polarirty.

Darek

I just sold a few of these, almost identical, and on those the connections were Red +5, Black common, white=A, Green=B and Index (Marker)= Yellow.
    You may need a 10k pull up on the encoder channels, But Galil will also take a single ended encoder, so you don't need a connection on the /A, /B and /I.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.