585,951 active members*
3,918 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > People that are good at BoB

People that are good at BoB

Since we always hear about when someone at BoB pisses someone off,I thought a few compliments to a few people at BoB need mentioning too.
    First off I have never had any Bad dealings with BoB.Just a few people to name that I have had contact with.
    The obvious Al,thanks,we all know this by now.
    SeanDa for his contibutions to the Forums(I hope he is OK,he disappeared kind of)
    I guess I have been Lucky with Kenny as my salesman.He sure talks and sounds like a salesman,BUT I never have any of that Bad BoB salesman cra* from him.

A very Big shout out to Sorin.He teaches the seminars for BoB.I had the pleasure of taking his class a few weeks ago.Although not an employee,he represents BoB well.
    Like I said,everybody at BoB through the years ,no problems,down to the receptionist and even the guy that books the seminars,and also the nice lady I ordered T-Shirts from.

I would like to add Steven B to the good list. He listened and respected what I said.

Ronnie

Don`t forget the Girls, couple of them I have spoken to over the years have been extremely patient with the elderly dummy at the other end of the phone

That would be Autumn and Stephanie

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Autumn, Al, Sean D, all good people to talk with.

I believe Walter in the tech support has personally answered everyone of my bug submissions. He's another good one.

Since I was the offending recently-pissed-off-guy.... in fairness, I'll add to your kudos for some of the good folks at BC. I didn't in any way mean to imply that everyone there is a bad egg. I've called out individual folks that helped resolve my latest situation in that thread. On a separate note....

Re: training in general, and Sorin specifically.... I can't recommend this highly enough to anyone who uses the product. I used to be the CAD and 3D Design Department Chair at a local college, and spent years as a consultant doing 3D CAD training and development for corporate clients. Sorin is crackerjack.... uses the product every day, pushes it hard, shares all kinds of real-world experience. It's the best money you'll every spend, IMO. I may not agree with all of his passionate lunchtime political discussions... but I went there for BC training, and he definitely delivers on that front. Plenty of enthusiastic after-class time spent solving specific challenges for people, and useful machining experience shared, in addition to BC knowledge.

He really is a good teacher.
    Funny thing,his BoBCAD projected on the big screen for everyone to see never even flinched.The computing tool path,simulation and PP were lightning fast.No jerkiness.Pretty cool to watch BoB work with a computer with some power behind it on a screen about 4' x 6'.

Alex..........

I would point out that some of the best people BobCad has working for them are the contributors on this forum. These unofficial and unpaid ambassadors of the company come to the aid of inexperienced people like myself time and time again, generously giving of their time and knowledge. You all add inestimable value to the BobCad product.

Glenn